Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice for open book?  (Read 11586 times)

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for open book?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2010, 10:20:02 AM »
should they be graded on if you are smart, yeah. Should you need a reacharound while doing it, no.

There an answer and a bonus, "but....but....... :'("

Actually, replacing my question with your question and then replacing that doesn't qualify as giving an answer.  I'll ask again, do you disagree that tests on advanced subjects shouldn't come down to your ability to perform basic tasks?  Yes or no?

I was talking to a fellow student about this exact thing earlier today, and we theorized that professors like to go open note because the overall quality of exam probably goes up.  Which of course, doesn't benefit students so much as it benefits them.   :-\  I doubt it has much to do with not wanting to stress us out.

That's a fair point.  :D
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »
just because you are too sutupid to read, dosn't mean that I will keep repeating it.

but...but.....I said yae or nae and you said yes.......

should they be graded on if you are smart, yeah. Should you need a reacharound while doing it, no.

There an answer and a bonus, "but....but....... :'("

Actually, replacing my question with your question and then replacing that doesn't qualify as giving an answer.  I'll ask again, do you disagree that tests on advanced subjects shouldn't come down to your ability to perform basic tasks?  Yes or no?

I was talking to a fellow student about this exact thing earlier today, and we theorized that professors like to go open note because the overall quality of exam probably goes up.  Which of course, doesn't benefit students so much as it benefits them.   :-\  I doubt it has much to do with not wanting to stress us out.

That's a fair point.  :D

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2010, 10:42:14 PM »
just because you are too sutupid to read, dosn't mean that I will keep repeating it.

You can insult me all you want.  It does not change the fact that you failed to answer a very simple yes or no question.

Work on that.  :)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 12:20:05 AM »
"if I cover my eyes and plug my eyes, and say "no you didnt" then it all just goes away"..... :P

You can insult me all you want.  It does not change the fact that you failed to answer a very simple yes or no question.

Work on that.  :)

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2010, 07:17:23 AM »
"if I cover my eyes and plug my eyes, and say "no you didnt" then it all just goes away"..... :P

I'm not the one trying to make noise to hide the fact that I can't answer a simple question without giving up something I don't want to.  :)

I can't believe nealric hasn't locked this thread already.  :D

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2010, 07:51:38 PM »
candyman.....candyman.....CAN DYMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »
candyman.....candyman.....CANDYMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::)

While we're waiting, you should give me a yes or no as to whether tests on advanced subjects should come down to one's ability to perform basic tasks.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2010, 02:54:42 PM »
Guy I said yes before(even if you are too simple to get that) but they teach us to break stuff down to preschool level for the courts, so yes.............by which I mean Y followed by E followed by S........as in the opposit of no.

That was never at issue, you know it, etc,etc.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2010, 04:32:46 PM »
Guy I said yes before(even if you are too simple to get that) but they teach us to break stuff down to preschool level for the courts, so yes.............by which I mean Y followed by E followed by S........as in the opposit of no.

That was never at issue, you know it, etc,etc.

So you think tests on advanced subjects should come down to one's ability to perform basic tasks.  Got it.

See that wasn't so hard.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2010, 04:34:55 PM »
How does that impact the REAL question at issue(answer it dosnt) you just want to pretend to have a victory.

Explain how you think it makes ANY impact on the question we had at issue?(can you even remember any more)\

"So in conclusion your honor, the prosocuter agrees than bananas are indeed green SOME of the time..........what do you mean death penalty?"  ???