Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice for open book?  (Read 11576 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Advice for open book?
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 10:47:30 PM »
I dont mean the F'in program, I mean looking at it and replicating it. Let me break it down to preschool level for you so you can understand.

a hell of a lot harder than copy&paste.

congrats on being a real lawstudent. The "T1"'s here only know how to copy&paste last minute and cry about how hard it is.

You make it sound like memorization is hard.

You realize that it's not actually possible to copy and paste an answer if you're using examsoft or some other similar software that will not allow you to open up other programs, right?  Maybe you don't.  I don't know if what they say about you being a Michigan student pretending to be a Cooley student is true.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 10:48:25 PM »
cooley is in michigan.....dumbass. ::)

a hell of a lot harder than copy&paste.

congrats on being a real lawstudent. The "T1"'s here only know how to copy&paste last minute and cry about how hard it is.

You make it sound like memorization is hard.

You realize that it's not actually possible to copy and paste an answer if you're using examsoft or some other similar software that will not allow you to open up other programs, right?  Maybe you don't.  I don't know if what they say about you being a Michigan student pretending to be a Cooley student is true.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 10:51:18 PM »
I dont mean the F'in program, I mean looking at it and replicating it. Let me break it down to preschool level for you so you can understand.

Then tell me, how useful is it to pre-write an answer without knowing the fact pattern?  ???

Is it?  Not sure why I would know that.  I'm sorry, I should have been clearer: UMichigan.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 10:58:54 PM »
Yeah I knew the michigan deal, just being a smartass.

As for the other issue, no *&^% you don't know the question, but thats the easy part. The issue is having the elements and the laws memorised, which if you have those on hand, its all cookie-cutter. "but...but...he could ask 2plus2 or 2times2...." Its the same shitt! >:(

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 11:00:21 PM »
of course you know where cooley is, just find the center of the universe on any given map, and there we are, smack in the center of it.

Then tell me, how useful is it to pre-write an answer without knowing the fact pattern?  ???

Is it?  Not sure why I would know that.  I'm sorry, I should have been clearer: UMichigan.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 12:05:52 AM »
As for the other issue, no bunnies you don't know the question, but thats the easy part. The issue is having the elements and the laws memorised,

Actually, the memorization is considered the easy part at the top schools, which is why they don't bother testing you on your ability to memorize.  Hence, open-book.  (Frankly, it doesn't make much difference anyway because you end up memorizing most of the stuff just by creating outlines or other study materials.  If you're actually looking for the answer to a legal question during the exam, something's gone terribly wrong.)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 12:49:28 AM »
huh....so  you "dont need it" so then why do they allow it? If you "dont need it" then why not, not allow it to prove it?

"I dont need that pot man.....now give it to me or I'll fukin' kill ya!" ::)

As for the other issue, no bunnies you don't know the question, but thats the easy part. The issue is having the elements and the laws memorised,

Actually, the memorization is considered the easy part at the top schools, which is why they don't bother testing you on your ability to memorize.  Hence, open-book.  (Frankly, it doesn't make much difference anyway because you end up memorizing most of the stuff just by creating outlines or other study materials.  If you're actually looking for the answer to a legal question during the exam, something's gone terribly wrong.)

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 05:27:53 AM »
huh....so  you "dont need it" so then why do they allow it? If you "dont need it" then why not, not allow it to prove it?

Because law students are a neurotic bunch and they don't want us to waste our time and drive ourselves crazy.

The evidence is the bar passage rate for the top schools: there, memorization is required.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 01:32:36 PM »
so baby needs it bottle, that's what you're trying to tell me? :'(

Because law students are a neurotic bunch and they don't want us to waste our time and drive ourselves crazy.

The evidence is the bar passage rate for the top schools: there, memorization is required.

redjay

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 03:19:44 PM »
FWIW, my school has a higher bar passage rate than most of the T1's in my state.