Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Splitter - Which californian law schools?  (Read 1728 times)

thecalifornialife

• View Profile
    • Email
Splitter - Which californian law schools?
« on: May 04, 2010, 04:12:43 AM »
Simplified:

Alma mater: UCSB
B.A.: Political Science
A.A.: Humanities, Liberal Arts, Social Sciences
Expected GPA: 2.8 (at worst 2.7. at best verging on becoming a 2.9)
LSAT: Won't take the LSAT unless I get a practice score of 164 or better. I'm striving for 170. My GPA isn't a good indicator of my intellectual capabilities. I imagine that I can eventually score close to 170. I only state this to give an indicator of my possible LSAT score.
Extracurriculars: CC Honors Program graduate, CC Associated Student Government Treasurer, CC Associated Student Government Senator, CC executive founder of the Political Science club, an executive director of UCSB's Republican Club, and work experience at a local grocery store during my CC year.
I'm taking a year off to spend time on the LSAT and get more work and life experience. I'm planning on interning at a law firm/political association/tax group and volunteering at my local church.

Where in California should I apply at the end of this year?

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Splitter - Which californian law schools?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »
You won't (without a miracle) get into Stanford or any of the UC system schools, even with a 170.  I don't know about the other Cali privates.  I'd say Pepperdine or San Diego might be your best bets, as they might be willing to overlook your GPA for a high LSAT - the UC schools won't.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

wyatth

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Splitter - Which californian law schools?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 04:11:36 AM »
Have you taken any practice LSATs? If not, what makes you think you're 164-170 capable? Just wondering.

I had a 2.8/164. Rejected from Hastings. WL at Davis. Accepted to Loyola. Scholarship to Santa Clara.

Should be good indicators for you...