Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FAMU Law School Status Checker  (Read 3802 times)

JustBelieve

• View Profile
FAMU Law School Status Checker
« on: May 04, 2010, 02:04:10 AM »
Hello

My status checker for FAMU Law says: "Decision rendered. Application forthcoming."

The fees box is blank. Has anyone who has been admitted/waitlisted/denied seen this?

Harwick_B

• View Profile
Re: FAMU Law School Status Checker
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 01:28:26 AM »
My FAMU status checker said "Decision rendered. Letter forthcoming," and I was accepted. I'm not sure what application forthcoming means or if you meant to type letter forthcoming.

Parroyo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »
Hi. I received my decision letter in February basically stating that my application was "On Hold". I called the admissions office and I was informed that I was not rejected admission ,but at the same time was not yet accepted either. Apparently, competition is high and my application would be reviewed between February and May as they expressed to me.

Nonetheless, May has come and gone. I have yet to receive word. My status checker continues to read "On Hold". It's kind of nerve wrecking because if accepted,I would need to  time to relocate from Puerto Rico to Florida.

Any suggestions , opinions?

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 08:13:46 PM »
Yea law school admissions officers are a-holes. Santa Clara did the same thing to me and then the day before classes started they finally made a decision. You can tell them your situation, but it probably won't help that much. If you want to go to a law school the ball is in their court, which is so funny to me that everybody is on edge to know if a school will let you pay them $30,000 a year. It is just so strange to me, but it is the way it is. 

fllaw

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 06:18:27 PM »
I attended "Entering Students Day" today. Dean Pernell gave a nice and enthusiastic welcome. There were presentations by Student Bar, Academic Success, Financial Aid and the international program. We did a mock class with Prof. Washington on the Palsgraf torts case. Then we had a Q&A with 2L and 3L students. Overall they gave the standard spiel about working hard, be prepared, brief your cases etc.

Orientation is August 9 - 13.