Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chances with LSAT 163 (practice cold) and GPA 3.5-3.7?  (Read 4099 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Chances with LSAT 163 (practice cold) and GPA 3.5-3.7?
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 11:50:39 PM »
big man..... :-X :'(

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 11:52:40 PM »
wow you know one latin phrase......fetus....... ::)

Lol, I am officially done with you. From how you describe yourself I am presuming you are in your mid-to-late 20's, yet you act as though you are a prepubescent child with a mental deficit. I have no time to squabble on a message board with someone who obviously feels the need to bring others down on the Internet because of his own inadequacy to match up to others' better than himself. While I won't degrade the OP's topic with further inane posts like yours, I will opt out of this pettifogging.

veni vidi vici!

sonofapickle

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 02:06:45 AM »
I took it for four years in High School, so I have more than a fundamentally basic understanding of Latin. I plan on tutoring some students taking Latin in the college for the summer term. I can't wait to start though as this past semester was very dry and the summer semesters usually are more fun and the fall semesters, but the spring semesters are not too fun.

Study study study the LSAT and you can get yourself up into the 170s (and into a T14).

I started with a strikingly similar score and got a 3.3 in college. I studied and got up into the 170s, and now have $$$ at a T-14.

Now that is some good advice. Makes me even more optimistic about passing the LSATs. Tomorrow I will do a 5 hour study period after I do my daily exercise routine. Sadly, those will be the two high points of my day tomorrow, but I have to get some sleep now.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 11:08:10 AM »
I took it for four years in High School, so I have more than a fundamentally basic understanding of Latin. I plan on tutoring some students taking Latin in the college for the summer term. I can't wait to start though as this past semester was very dry and the summer semesters usually are more fun and the fall semesters, but the spring semesters are not too fun.

Study study study the LSAT and you can get yourself up into the 170s (and into a T14).

I started with a strikingly similar score and got a 3.3 in college. I studied and got up into the 170s, and now have $$$ at a T-14.

Now that is some good advice. Makes me even more optimistic about passing the LSATs. Tomorrow I will do a 5 hour study period after I do my daily exercise routine. Sadly, those will be the two high points of my day tomorrow, but I have to get some sleep now.

I thought you were officially done with him.  Also, it's the LSAT, not the LSATs, and you don't "pass" it, you just take it. 

aut disce aut discede.

Giersberg, I think your dual-credits will factor into your LSDAS GPA, but I'm not certain about that.  I took the same kind of classes during high school, and I'm pretty sure I sent in a transcript from the community college.  Call LSAC to check.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 03:36:47 PM »

Ehh, there is nothing sad or to be ashamed about those being the high points of your day.  If spending time working to improve yourself and to move forward in life into a good career is sad and something to be ashamed of, our culture and country is in bad shape, and that would be something for us all the be ashamed of. 

Having a good fairly regimented study and daily life schedule is a good thing.  It's especially important to get into a stable regular routine while preparing for the LSAT in order to maximize your potential on test day.  Plus it can be enjoyable, motivating and keep you feeling good about yourself since you are putting in the work daily (hence no guilt/getting down on yourself for slacking off) and seeing incremental results (hopefully progressive improvement). 

I credit my biggest point gain/jump during prep and my ultimate near perfect score on test day to forcing myself to stick with a very strict daily regimen that covered everything.  For the last several weeks before test day stuck to the exact same daily routine, down to the minute.  Woke up at the same time each morning, ate the same thing for breakfast, took a practice test starting at the time the test would begin on test day, took a break and had lunch (I rotated 3 different lunch choices), scored the test, reviewed it, then focused on studying things about my weak areas, took a break and sometimes headed to the fitness center, had dinner, vegged in front of the TV for a while, and was in bed asleep at the same time every night.   Next day, lather rinse repeat. 

My test day score was 8 points higher than my running average practice test scores from the previous several weeks and higher than I had ever come close to scoring on practice tests.  I was averaging 168-169 in the last two weeks of practice.  Game day = 177

sonofapickle

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 05:05:53 PM »

I thought you were officially done with him.  Also, it's the LSAT, not the LSATs, and you don't "pass" it, you just take it. 

aut disce aut discede.

Giersberg, I think your dual-credits will factor into your LSDAS GPA, but I'm not certain about that.  I took the same kind of classes during high school, and I'm pretty sure I sent in a transcript from the community college.  Call LSAC to check.

You are right, my bad on the LSAT portion. But, pass is a way of saying, "scoring below my desired view of what I should score means, I did not pass." If I score a 145 on the test, I did not pass, but rather I failed to achieve the desired score I wanted. Therefore, I would have to take it again to get a better score. It was not to mean there are those who pass the test and fail the test but rather in accordance to me, I need above a certain score in order to pass the test. Also, I was done posting insults and I am trying to be more amicable toward him but it isn't working.

@Jeffort: That is a high score. I guess it is similar to training for some sporting event.