Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Kaplan "star system"  (Read 942 times)

L-Spot

• View Profile
    • Email
Kaplan "star system"
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:00:31 AM »
In their prep books Kaplan uses anywhere between one and four stars to rate the difficulty of each question.  In particular, does anybody know the relatively occurrence rates of these types of questions in the LR section?  E.g. 10 questions one star; 8, 2 star; 5, 3 star; 2, 4 star?

This might seem like a stupid question, and its obviously not quantifiable like the example above, but abstractly, do the "one star" questions happen considerable more often than the "four star" questions, or are they about even across the board??

alvinc23

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaplan "star system"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 02:19:33 AM »
I vaguely remember something from my Kaplan course:
for example, in a LR section, 2 and 3 stars are most common, then 1 star, then 4 star. In fact, there might be between 2-4 four stars in a given section and something like 4-6 one stars, and the rest divvied between 2 and 3 stars almost evenly but usually with a slight plurality of two stars.

Just going from memory

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 09:29:48 AM »
I vaguely remember something from my Kaplan course:
for example, in a LR section, 2 and 3 stars are most common, then 1 star, then 4 star. In fact, there might be between 2-4 four stars in a given section and something like 4-6 one stars, and the rest divvied between 2 and 3 stars almost evenly but usually with a slight plurality of two stars.

Just going from memory

Yeah it's something like that.  One trick I learned is that they tend to start with 1-2 star questions, then move into the harder stuff, but in many cases the last few questions are easier as a way of testing to see who actually makes it to the end of each section.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:58:49 AM »
all of this nonsense.  questions equally distributed on test as to difficulty level.

period.