Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Testing Center Location  (Read 709 times)

L-Spot

• View Profile
    • Email
Testing Center Location
« on: April 30, 2010, 06:38:00 PM »
I signed up for the June test way back in January.  Somehow the closest center to me was 62 miles away and without having a car this is a big pain.

This might make sense if I lived in Montana or Wyoming or something, but I live in the DC area (metro rider, no car) and I am shocked and appalled that I'm expected to go way north of Baltimore as if it wasn't a stressful enough day already.  I can't think of any region other than DC that would have more students taking the LSAT.

I've checked for a location change almost every day since then and NO LUCK.  Has anybody been in this situation before?  What are the chances they will open more (like they said over the phone)?

cooleylawstudent

Re: Testing Center Location
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:53:10 PM »
sometimes they are willing to set up small undisclosed locations if you are too far away or disabled. I doubt  60 miles and lack of a car would be enough though. Still, you can try it, it might work.

Liz Lemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 08:50:56 AM »
I signed up for the June test way back in January.  Somehow the closest center to me was 62 miles away and without having a car this is a big pain.

This might make sense if I lived in Montana or Wyoming or something, but I live in the DC area (metro rider, no car) and I am shocked and appalled that I'm expected to go way north of Baltimore as if it wasn't a stressful enough day already.  I can't think of any region other than DC that would have more students taking the LSAT.

I've checked for a location change almost every day since then and NO LUCK.  Has anybody been in this situation before?  What are the chances they will open more (like they said over the phone)?

There in lies your problem.  Even though it would seem like January is plenty of time before June, it isn't.  The June test is the most popular one to take, and testing centers fill up extremely quickly.  I live in North Jersey and when my friend went to sign up for June in February, the closest location was Lehigh University, which is 70+ miles from here.

I honestly don't know how likely or unlikely it is for testing centers to open up.  The deadline to pull out of the June test must be soon though, check back in when that happens.

Otherwise, rent a zip car (I have friends in DC who do this) and suck it up.  Get a hotel near the center and then you can just relax the night before.  If this is such a difficult situation for you, I recommend trying for October and getting the testing center you want.  Good luck with whatever happens!

L-Spot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 03:48:10 PM »
Update:

After checking constantly a much closer testing center just opened up!  I'm now within the DC metro's reach.

If anybody here is dismayed over the location, I'd suggest checking often as it appears people are bailing out now that the test is getting closer (there was only one spot, so I'm not sure if new centers will be opened).