Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: T4 with intern  (Read 4999 times)

t4bound

• View Profile
    • Email
T4 with intern
« on: April 26, 2010, 01:07:05 AM »
According to the posts on this board I must be an exception to the norm.  I do go to a T4 school.  I found an intern at an Estate Planning firm.  I have turned down one job offer and will have to turn down one more since I will take the Estate Planning job.  However, my networking skills are very mature.  Unfortunately, not many in the top 10 at my school have this ability.  Could this be the reason they are unemployeed at the moment??

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: T4 with intern
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 10:59:26 AM »
However, my networking skills are very mature.  Unfortunately, not many in the top 10 at my school have this ability.

Why would the networking skills of top 10 students be any different from those of T4 students.  ???
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 11:52:07 AM »
Dude, any idiot that can breathe air can get an intership. Just find those desperate enough to need you. Go where you are needed. There is your "networking" and "self marketing" right there. Stroke yourself all you want, but its something an inbred chimp crackbaby on a hangover could do before breakfast.

vap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attorney
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 08:29:24 AM »
I'm looking forward to the day when I have an intern of my very own.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 01:34:32 PM »
According to the posts on this board I must be an exception to the norm.  I do go to a T4 school.  I found an intern at an Estate Planning firm.  I have turned down one job offer and will have to turn down one more since I will take the Estate Planning job.  However, my networking skills are very mature.  Unfortunately, not many in the top 10 at my school have this ability.  Could this be the reason they are unemployeed at the moment??

Your lack of reading comprehension skills is not particularly shocking.  Therefore, I lay it out as simply as I can:

THE SKILLS AND CREDENTIALS NEEDED TO GET AN INTERNSHIP vs. AN ACTUAL ASSOCIATE POSITION DIFFER GREATLY.  PLEASE LET US KNOW YOUR STATS WHEN/IF YOU LAND AN ENTRY-LEVEL ASSOCIATE POSITION.  OTHERWISE, WE ARE NOT IMPRESSED WITH YOUR ABILITY TO LAND AN INTERNSHIP AND IT IS IN NO WAY INDICATIVE OF T4 STUDENTS' ABILITY TO GET "JOBS."

That is all.  Thanks for your time.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 05:16:32 PM »
Interships with top companies is probally more competitive but as someone who has seen even the people on academic probation in T4's get them, its not hard at all if you just want one in general. Just find where the goal is, where they need you more than you need them.

Free or even low cost labor is very tempting to those who need it, especially nonprofit and charity funded groups.

sonofapickle

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 06:35:17 PM »
It is hard in general moron, or else it would not be competitive.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 09:17:50 PM »
Its not competitive thats the thing, like I said even people in the process of failing out with no experience at all get asked to do them.
Seen it first hand. If you go where they need you more than you need them, they almost beg you to do it. Not so much if its a big fancy firm with job placement after graduation, but 100% true for charity run and nonprofit groups. If all of your class wants the same one open slot at the clinic 10miles from campus, volunteer to drive to the one 20miles away that no one else wants.

It is hard in general moron, or else it would not be competitive.

sonofapickle

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
I stopped reading after, "100% charity...," that is b.s., you are doing it for perceived prospects. If I wanted to do charity work I would go down to the local food shelf and defend a cracked out father from going to prison. The real competition and cream of the crop lies within firms, or biglaw. Get your internship there or else you'll regret it.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 09:37:24 PM »
No wonder they beat you up on campus and make you go home each night :'(. Yeah, biglaw hard. Said that.
Nonbig law easy.

I stopped reading after, "100% charity...," that is b.s., you are doing it for perceived prospects. If I wanted to do charity work I would go down to the local food shelf and defend a cracked out father from going to prison. The real competition and cream of the crop lies within firms, or biglaw. Get your internship there or else you'll regret it.