Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Massachusetts School of Law at Andover  (Read 8171 times)

lawschlgirl

• View Profile
Re: Massachusetts School of Law at Andover
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 09:04:56 AM »
Thanks to everyone who has replie to my question. I have visited the school, the people are very nice however, it is in an office park and I do not like the setting. I was hoping that it would have a more campus feel.

To answer the other questions, I have asked several people in the legal field and most of them state that they will not even interview a person who has graduated from MSL because it lacks the ABA accreditation. Others (but only a few) admit it is a good school.

I cannot find any information on where their students go on to practice after graduation. I do know one person that graduated there and he just went into practice with his brother.

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 09:42:20 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has replie to my question. I have visited the school, the people are very nice however, it is in an office park and I do not like the setting. I was hoping that it would have a more campus feel.

To answer the other questions, I have asked several people in the legal field and most of them state that they will not even interview a person who has graduated from MSL because it lacks the ABA accreditation. Others (but only a few) admit it is a good school.

I cannot find any information on where their students go on to practice after graduation. I do know one person that graduated there and he just went into practice with his brother.

Your research is exactly right when deciding what law school to attend.  It really should be a two-way street, not merely a lust after rankings. 

Many MSL students are non-traditional.  Thus many intend (or find they prefer) to practice in agencies or with relatives or in smaller firms. 

I actually hired an MSL grad, as it happens.  So, to anyone in the T3-T4 world, there is life after graduation, even in a dismal market.  The key is to be better than even you think you can be.  Be the best, the real best, and everything else falls into place.  (Yes, it will be hard.  But it will be worth it.)

Best of luck,

Thane.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 11:32:32 PM »
?

swing a golf club
What do you think happens when you actually swing a golf club. If you skipped your High school science class and never paid attention in match, here is the answer “force equals mass times acceleration”. In golf, this means golf clubs for sale that the force applied to the ball is equal to the mass of the club-head multiplied by the speed it is traveling when it hits the ball. In other words, the faster the swing, the longer the drive.Ishiner