Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT Studying Advice for Non-Traditional Students  (Read 2829 times)

canuckofchicago

• View Profile
LSAT Studying Advice for Non-Traditional Students
« on: April 25, 2010, 12:53:05 PM »
Hello everyone,

I thought it would be important to find out what advice is out for those who are full-time working LSAT takers. Most of the time we here about how those planning to take the LSAT should study 8 hours a day 6 days a week or a slight variation of that. However, for those working full-time jobs or have other full-time duties such as a family, it is unrealistic to take that prescription.

I am 32 working full-time and taking the LSAT a second time, but this time around enrolled into an on-line study program, which seems to be great.

If anyone has any advice what they think I would appreciate that.

Thanks
CanuckofChicago

cooleylawstudent

Re: LSAT Studying Advice for Non-Traditional Students
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 01:43:45 PM »
what are your practice scores? Are you doing them timed or untimed?

t4bound

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 01:16:53 AM »
If you are taking it a second time then your time would be better spent focusing on the weak area and study that.  Quite honestly, if you cannot pass the LSAT then you will most likely struggle in law school.  Not being mean but the same skill set that the LSAT test is the skill set that it takes to understand how to interpret what is being taught. 

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 01:27:34 AM »
I worked full time while studying for the LSAT...I practiced at night and on the weekend; my second time around I took a weekend class and did the homework after work during the week.  Just keep at it and balance your time and make sure to get in enough sleep and fun time :)
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 03:28:05 AM »
I worked full time while studying for the LSAT...I practiced at night and on the weekend; my second time around I took a weekend class and did the homework after work during the week.  Just keep at it and balance your time and make sure to get in enough sleep and fun time :)

This.

I also worked full time while studying for the LSAT. I went to class after work, then did homework when I got home, during my lunch break, and in the evenings in between classes. I didn't have much of a social life during that time, but I was able to get my life back after I killed the test :)
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

canuckofchicago

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 07:53:49 AM »

Thanks Blueskies.

I am pretty much use to doing studying after work, that is how I completed my undergrad worked during the day and took classes at night. Sometimes it would've been great to attend University on a normal schedule, but what are you going to do.

attyfee1

• View Profile
    • Lower My Attorneys Fees
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »
This article has some good ideas on saving time on LSAT study when you work full time or own your own business: www.lsatfreedom.com/blog/law-school-for-the-small-business-owner-how-can-you-pull-it-off.   The key is to use your time efficiently and manage expectations at your work.  Good luck, I know it is a difficult task!