Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: JAG & Ranger School, etc  (Read 4796 times)

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
Re: JAG & Ranger School, etc
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 12:03:21 AM »
Dude:
As a JAG you will be a pogue. Just trust me on this one. There is no earthly reason why, as a lawyer, you should go to jump or to Ranger school. Believe me, this drives grunts crazy; "device" chasing admin monkeys are greeted with almost universal scorn by guys who actually have and carry out a combat arm MOS. Being a JAG is a noble pursuit. Stick with that. If you don't want to be an attorney, then go through the OCS cha-cha and do it the old fashioned way. At your age, you will need a waiver for that. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I am trying to give you an unvarnished rendition of what will happen should you try to chart the course you propose. 

I appreciate you view. Unlike the OP, I am not planning on Ranger school or anything like that. I love the law and want to serve, and it seems like the JAG would be good. I totally understand where you are coming from in regards to how others will view me. I had to look up the word pogue, but its meaning is pretty clear.

I am hoping I get a chance to get into the jag but if not, its all good. Thanks for you succinct reply, it is appreciated.

you my friend have the right approach. i wish you well.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 11:12:24 AM »
Yeah Airborne and rangers are such pussies, they should all just kill themselves.....f'in JH.

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 11:58:59 AM »
Yeah Airborne and rangers are such pussies, they should all just kill themselves.....f'in JH.
You seem to consistently miss the point on these boards. That and your spelling is atrocious.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 12:22:50 PM »
first, that the spelling just proves that I'm a real law student. Second, how do you think Airborne is spelled?

You seem to consistently miss the point on these boards. That and your spelling is atrocious.

vercingetorix

• Sr. Citizen
  • Vive le quebec libre
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 12:40:30 PM »
first, that the spelling just claims that I'm a real law student. Second, how do you think Airborne is spelled?

Your non-sequiturs continue to amaze. Please tell me you are drunk or that you are just getting used to your new anti-seizure medication. Additionally your insecurity is unbecoming and makes it difficult to engage in meaningful exchanges. I don't care if you are a law student. I don't care if you sell appliances for a living. I suspect a lot of people on these boards are college sophomores who are absolutely, positively going to attend HLS. That is after they graduate, and ace their LSATs and cure cancer and finish their applications....Come to think of it, I've wasted enough of my puff already. Good bye.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 12:41:45 PM »
ok "sgt hatred"

first, that the spelling just claims that I'm a real law student. Second, how do you think Airborne is spelled?

Your non-sequiturs continue to amaze. Please tell me you are drunk or that you are just getting used to your new anti-seizure medication. Additionally your insecurity is unbecoming and makes it difficult to engage in meaningful exchanges. I don't care if you are a law student. I don't care if you sell appliances for a living. I suspect a lot of people on these boards are college sophomores who are absolutely, positively going to attend HLS. That is after they graduate, and ace their LSATs and cure cancer and finish their applications....Come to think of it, I've wasted enough of my puff already. Good bye.