Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is taking 3 PTs a week for 8 weeks too much?  (Read 568 times)

queenBee

• View Profile
Is taking 3 PTs a week for 8 weeks too much?
« on: April 22, 2010, 08:13:28 PM »
Is that too many PTs in a week?

Will I get burned out by doing this 8 weeks in a row?

In between each PT I am planning on reviewing my incorrect answers and doing addition section practice.

cooleylawstudent

Re: Is taking 3 PTs a week for 8 weeks too much?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 09:45:45 PM »
Depends on what else you are doing with your life. Are you in school fulltime with lots of hard homework? If not, then you are fine to do that much(if not more really)

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »
Whether you'll get burned out or not, who knows (if you're like me you probably will).

But what I'm sensing from the question is the idea that if you do enough full prep tests, that will make you better at the test.  This is simply wrong thinking.  You don't get better at math tests by racing the clock on a bunch of practice tests.  You get better by taking your time and (slowly, deliberately) playing with the numbers and the formulas until their mechanics become second nature.  THEN you go back and ace the test.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 12:32:13 AM »
agreed.I took my studytests untimed untill I was good at it, then tried to speed it up latter.

Whether you'll get burned out or not, who knows (if you're like me you probably will).

But what I'm sensing from the question is the idea that if you do enough full prep tests, that will make you better at the test.  This is simply wrong thinking.  You don't get better at math tests by racing the clock on a bunch of practice tests.  You get better by taking your time and (slowly, deliberately) playing with the numbers and the formulas until their mechanics become second nature.  THEN you go back and ace the test.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 12:34:05 AM »
I wouldn't take 3 timed preptest a week, but 3 per week should be fine.