Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Kaplan LSAT Mastery Practice Book...  (Read 2813 times)

queenBee

• View Profile
Kaplan LSAT Mastery Practice Book...
« on: April 22, 2010, 08:09:19 PM »
I've heard that I need to get my hands on the Kaplan LSAT Mastery Practice book, even though you can only get it by enrolling in a Kaplan course.  Why is it so great?  Should I sign up for a Kaplan course just to get this book?

cooleylawstudent

Re: Kaplan LSAT Mastery Practice Book...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 09:43:33 PM »
who told you that you "need" it and for what? The lsac provides FREE lsat study materials, and dosn't require ANY other preps.

queenBee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 07:50:24 PM »
Well, I know the LSAC provides the June 07 LSAT for free.  I'm sure if I wanted to take the LSAT using only that free PrepTest I could score average.  But people have told me that if I want to hit my target score, I should use the Kaplan Mastery Practice book.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 12:40:31 AM »
You can try it but people on average only go up 2 points.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 03:16:45 AM »
You can try it but people on average only go up 2 points.

What brand of glue are you sniffing dude?  Do you have a data reference for your absurd claim?  I can answer that question myself, NO you don't because it doesn't exist and your claim is false.  

Even LSAC themselves in some of their publications recommend prepping for the test in order to improve ones ultimate test day score.  Meaning that they acknowledge that a person can improve their score significantly by preparing for the test:

http://www.lsac.org/LSAT/preparing-for-lsat.asp

Preparing for the LSAT

Most law school applicants familiarize themselves with test directions and question types, practice on sample tests, and study the information available on test-taking techniques and strategies. Although it is difficult to say when examinees are sufficiently prepared, very few people achieve their full potential without some preparation.

You should be so familiar with the instructions and question types that nothing you see on the test can delay or distract you from thinking about how to answer a question. At a minimum, you should review the descriptions of the question types and simulate the day of the test by taking a practice test that includes a writing sample under actual time constraints. Taking a practice test under timed conditions helps you to estimate the amount of time you can afford to spend on each question in a section and to determine the question types for which you may need additional practice.

LSAC publishes a variety of free materials to help you prepare for the LSAT.

You may also purchase additional LSAT preparation materials. For more information, check out LSAC's test preparation publications and law school guides.

who told you that you "need" it and for what? The lsac provides FREE lsat study materials, and dosn't require ANY other preps.

Huh??  Please at least type out and post something that is decipherable.  Geeze...

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 03:24:44 AM »
mabey your simpelton ass needed to be spoon fed but I poop in the toilet like a big boy.

Jeffort

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSAT Tutor
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Discussion - Free LSAT Logical Reasoning Question Type Finder Utility
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 03:32:41 AM »
mabey your simpelton ass needed to be spoon fed but I poop in the toilet like a big boy.

Thanx for letting us know that you made it through potty training.  That is very helpful and informative information, make sure to flush.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 03:35:18 AM »
just let me know how that special Ed coures goes for you.....FYI dont trust the kids with the helmets, they're f-in' nuts! >:(