Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: JD/MBA  (Read 725 times)

hollycpa27

• View Profile
    • Email
JD/MBA
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:15:49 AM »
What is everyone's opinion on trying to study law school and MBA at same time. Is the workload to stressful at law school to try both. Is it in someone's best interest to do MBA first then law school or vice versa. Can it feasible to try and obtain JD and MBA at same time. Your thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: JD/MBA
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:09:18 PM »
someone in my class is doing a JD/MBA.  I think I most schools, you usually do a year at law school, then a year at the business school or trade off semesters or something (some probably let you blend your classes during the semester too, but mine isn't a fan of that).  Anyway, my friend said he's looking forward to doing the b school classes because it's supposed to be a lot easier than law school.  I don't think the workload would be too stressful because you're probably limited to the number of classes you can take...even if you're on a journal or something, it would be about the same workload whether you were taking bschool classes or not.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: JD/MBA
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 04:24:52 AM »
JD/MBA is generally considered a bad idea unless you have a very specific career plan that requires this.

As for business school being easier than law school, I find that exceptionally hard to believe. If anything, I would expect it to be considerably harder. Law school isn't hard at all, it's time consuming because you have *&^% loads to read, but there's nothing you'll be doing in law school that is complex.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.