Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transfer stats to HLS?  (Read 1966 times)

HappilyEverAfter

• View Profile
Transfer stats to HLS?
« on: April 18, 2010, 10:56:16 PM »
My Stats: LSAT = 168/172, GPA = 3.75
First semester grades: A, A- and B+.
I am at CCN (top 5), but want to transfer to HLS for personal reasons. What are my chances of getting into HLS this year???  Any idea how many transfers HLS usually accepts?  How many people usually apply to transfer to HLS?

Thanks!  I really appreciate any input!!!

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer stats to HLS?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:39:11 AM »
Well, I don't know where that puts you ranking-wise. Even from CLS you should probably be in top 10% for HLS. They're sort of middle of the class school when it comes to accepting transfers. Make a big point out of your personal reasons though, this counts a lot more for transfer applications. HLS is known for preferring to accept transfers that were waitlisted during regular admissions, not sure if that applies to you or not.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

HappilyEverAfter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 03:56:30 AM »
I was waitlisted in the regular cycle last year...

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 03:26:02 PM »
I'm going to say your chances are pretty good then. But again, make it clear why you want to transfer, that always puts you a head above those who are just looking to climb the rankings.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

xxspykex

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2010, 09:46:02 AM »
I was waitlisted in the regular cycle last year...

Why do you think that Harvard will even consider your UGPA/LSAT? That's not what their website says... It says that students that typically transfer into HLS are students that might have been admitted anyway. That is not the same as saying that UGPA/LSAT are factors in their decision. Based on the data points I have seen for HLS transfers, I am pretty sure that they do not consider UGPA/LSAT. In all reality it makes no sense for them to look at UGPA/LSAT because those are used to predict your 1st semester law school grades. You have REAL law school grades, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to use your UGPA/LSAT.

However, I really have no idea what your odds are for transferring to HLS. You already go to a t6 school so that should help, but I think you are still going to need to be at least in the top 15% or so (I know top 10% gives you a shot from the t14 generally). Good luck.