Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help! Lower score AFTER taking classes?  (Read 872 times)

gemini528

• View Profile
    • Email
Help! Lower score AFTER taking classes?
« on: April 18, 2010, 05:31:56 PM »
After 6 weeks of the virtual powerscore class, I took my first timed practice test since classes started. AND got a nasty 138?!?!?!?

Some background--I took the lsat 2 years ago, studying on my own w/ bibles and got a 145. =(

I took a diagnostic test before this prep class and got a 144.

NOW a 138??

I am so scared. seriously.

Im going back now to see if I should just review ALL the homework again...

cooleylawstudent

Re: Help! Lower score AFTER taking classes?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 06:07:07 PM »
My advice, forget whatever they taught you. Plus apply to a place that takes the highest score. My school takes the highest in last 5 years. Your highest would be enough for the 5 year plan, and after a semester of proveing yourself you could move to a faster plan if desired.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 07:58:30 PM »
If you put in all that work maybe 144 is the best you can do, I think you could maybe get into Cooley, FAMU, or Appalachian with those numbers and you would definitely be able to get into a CBA school.

I think the LSAT is kind of a good measure, because the types of questions they ask are like law school multiple choice questions and if you can't distinguish between the two right answers on the LSAT there is a good chance you will struggle on the MC in law school and then the bar. I obviously was not a master of the LSAT myself, but if you are getting 144 and 138 there is a chance law school is not for you and it might not be worth giving up 3 years of your life and tons of money, because 138-144 is an indicator you either are not to hot on pressure tests or distinguishing the nuisances of a multiple choice question. There are obviously people who overcome a bad LSAT score and do well in law school and as legal professional, but LSAT score is an indicator of performance.

Just like a 5'7 white guy probably shouldn't hire a trainer and dedicate his life to becoming an NBA player. Obviously there are some short white guys in the NBA, but there are better avenues a 5'7 slow white guy could pursue.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 12:52:43 AM »
Seriously, get a superstar tutor.  You're clearly misapplying something you were taught in the class.  Find someone who will listen to how you reason through a problem and then slowly and methodically show you how to correct your bad habits.

. . . . . .

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 12:59:06 AM »
you're too over confident now. Calm down, take a chill pill, and try the test again.