Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: do employers ever call applicants to reject them?  (Read 3528 times)

rene_descartes

• View Profile
    • Email
do employers ever call applicants to reject them?
« on: April 16, 2010, 10:28:03 PM »
this is probably a strange question. I got a message on my phone from this employer I interviewed with except they didn't tell me anything in the voice mail except to tell me to call them back. It's the weekend so I'll call them back next week. I wonder if they will reject me when I call them back. Does anyone know the answer to my question?

cooleylawstudent

Re: do employers ever call applicants to reject them?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 10:32:21 PM »
call them back to findout. Worst case scenario, you're out 10minutes of your time, big deal.
Most rejections that I've seen have been by email or postal letter. Its not fun telling someone they're not wanting, and hearing their all so precious opinion about it in return, but phonecalls are a better way to get an interactive responce such as "what time is good for a second more detailed interview" or "I noticed you forgot to list something on your application, can you tell me more about thing x?"

this is probably a strange question. I got a message on my phone from this employer I interviewed with except they didn't tell me anything in the voice mail except to tell me to call them back. It's the weekend so I'll call them back next week. I wonder if they will reject me when I call them back. Does anyone know the answer to my question?

czarevich

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 12:17:13 AM »
I actually got one a month ago from a govt. agency.  She told me how impressed they were with me...

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 12:20:35 AM »
wow.....seriously?......thanks for proveing that they call to say good things, not so sure that was his question but I hope that you enjoyed the stroking there buddy.  :-\

I actually got one a month ago from a govt. agency.  She told me how impressed they were with me...

joshuach

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 08:00:10 PM »
I've gotten calls from 2 biglaw firms who gave me the "we were impressed, but too many applicants" speech.