Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do NOT go to law school (a sincere warning)  (Read 26843 times)

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Do NOT go to law school (a sincere warning)
« Reply #110 on: April 22, 2010, 11:32:06 PM »
All you need is a little. Hell,if woman says only "I did it to watch him bleed out" that's pretty much all you need to make some major conclusions there too.

Really? Try writing that on your crim law exam, and see yourself getting a C- ;)

3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2010, 11:35:18 PM »
Depends on what conclusion you're going for. Without question actus reas and pretty much all of the mens rea.

All you need is a little. Hell,if woman says only "I did it to watch him bleed out" that's pretty much all you need to make some major conclusions there too.

Really? Try writing that on your crim law exam, and see yourself getting a C- ;)

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2010, 11:40:26 PM »
All you need is a little.

But you don't have any data on how many times they tried to get an answer.

"They didn't hear anything back" doesn't necessarily mean they never did any follow-up.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2010, 11:43:39 PM »
it's an educated guess. Even if they tell you their version of the story you don't get the "full"story. People in general cry more than they make an effort is my main point.

All you need is a little.

But you don't have any data on how many times they tried to get an answer.

"They didn't hear anything back" doesn't necessarily mean they never did any follow-up.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 22, 2010, 11:45:16 PM »
it's an educated guess. Even if they tell you their version of the story you don't get the "full"story.

Educated based on what?  You don't know anything about these people.  You're just generalizing based on what human interaction you've experienced thus far, and it's a pretty tiny sample of all human interaction.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2010, 12:11:20 AM »
retard.If that's the case then the entire legal system is flawed. Its called "circumstancial evidence" it's not the best, but you can have 12 inbred hicks sentence a guy to die based on it,so yeah it's good enough to prove a point about how people in general would prefer to bittch than get off their ass on the LSD forum.

it's an educated guess. Even if they tell you their version of the story you don't get the "full"story.

Educated based on what?  You don't know anything about these people.  You're just generalizing based on what human interaction you've experienced thus far, and it's a pretty tiny sample of all human interaction.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2010, 12:15:54 AM »
retard.If that's the case then the entire legal system is flawed. Its called "circumstancial evidence" it's not the best, but you can have 12 inbred hicks sentence a guy to die based on it,so yeah it's good enough to prove a point about how people in general would prefer to bittch than get off their ass on the LSD forum.

But you know practically nothing about these people.  It's as if you got up in a courtroom and told the jury, "the defendant is guilty because people do bad stuff in general."

(I mean yeah maybe that would get some juries to convict, but it would get thrown out on appeal for lack of evidence.)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2010, 12:34:32 AM »
"professional standard" if it were a courtroom and a courtcase then YES you can and you do say "other doctors,etc do it this way" that and the "reasonable person standard" for everything else. That being said, I repeat LSD and yes people in general are idiots and bittch about how hard life is while doing a halfassed at best attempt at it.

But you know practically nothing about these people.  It's as if you got up in a courtroom and told the jury, "the defendant is guilty because people do bad stuff in general."

(I mean yeah maybe that would get some juries to convict, but it would get thrown out on appeal for lack of evidence.)

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2010, 12:37:51 AM »
"professional standard" if it were a courtroom and a courtcase then YES you can and you do say "other doctors,etc do it this way" that and the "reasonable person standard" for everything else. That being said, I repeat LSD and yes people in general are idiots and bittch about how hard life is while doing a halfassed at best attempt at it.

But you're not trying to establish a standard of conduct.  You're not trying to say, "they should have done this, because this is what a reasonable person (or a member of that person's profession) would have done in that situation."  You're trying to establish what these particular individuals actually did.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2010, 01:09:16 AM »
You're a retard with too many time to bittch and yet not enough to read, puzzles the mind.
I'm saying "probally" not "absolutely" and yeah, that would be enough to take to trial, "circumstantial evidence" that being said, you're an idiot. I get the distinct impression from you that you want to believe that life is harder than it is, so believe it(enjoy your self fullfilling prophecy)

Here's all that I've trying to get at, take it for what it is and don't strain your brain trying to look any deeper(even though I know you will) The majority of people who fail, fail because they don't keep trying hard enough and long enough. That dosn't just apply to JAG, it applies to life in general.

but....but......blah,blah,blah. :-X