Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: US NEWS RANKINGS leak (2011)  (Read 27794 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: US NEWS RANKINGS leak (2011)
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2010, 11:28:52 PM »
keep reading it untill it makes sense I guess.

If a point is valid it shouldn't matter if it helps or hurts you only if it's valid or not. People in general are too egocentric to understand something as simple as that.

Care to explain what that's supposed to mean?

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 11:39:32 PM »
If only that would work.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 11:48:15 PM »
try a semster at the real deal, we'll put the smarts back in your head for you.   8)
see you next term newbie.

If only that would work.

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 11:55:12 PM »
try a semster at the real deal, we'll put the smarts back in your head for you.   8)

If only that would work.

Yeah, sounds like a great deal. Despite that I'm 2 weeks from graduating a good law school, I should try to transfer down to a tier 4 school and see if I can cut it there. Sounds brilliant. You actually do think Cooley is good, don't you? This isn't an act?
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

Mr. Hart

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2010, 12:06:25 AM »
try a semster at the real deal, we'll put the smarts back in your head for you.   8)

If only that would work.

Yeah, sounds like a great deal. Despite that I'm 2 weeks from graduating a good law school, I should try to transfer down to a tier 4 school and see if I can cut it there. Sounds brilliant. You actually do think Cooley is good, don't you? This isn't an act?
[/b]

:D is just posting flames. Don't pay him any attention.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2010, 12:06:40 AM »
so "graduate" then come get an LLM from the real deal. It'll put the frosting on the poo and make it look like a chococlate moose pie when we're done. It's not too late.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2010, 12:10:56 AM »
You're the only flamer to me.  :-* (just jokeing)

[/quote][/b]

[/quote]

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2010, 12:14:24 AM »
so "graduate" then come get an LLM from the real deal. It'll put the frosting on the poo and make it look like a chococlate moose pie when we're done. It's not too late.

As if LLM's aren't worthless enough if they're from a good school :p

Yeah, not taking him all that serious, but not like there's anything better to do? ;)
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2010, 11:19:59 PM »
In my opinion the bar passage rate should be the MAIN issue.

Maybe if you're deciding between two law schools that have 75% and 85% bar passage rates.  This wouldn't be a good way to distinguish between the top schools though, because it would suggest changes in overall quality that were far greater than they actually were, since the percentage fluctuates from year to year by a decent number of percentage points just due to random chance.

Also at the top law schools, very little of the curriculum is devoted to bar passage.  They assume you'll just learn most of that during the month or two before the bar.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2010, 11:26:40 PM »
then what do they teach?

In my opinion the bar passage rate should be the MAIN issue.

Maybe if you're deciding between two law schools that have 75% and 85% bar passage rates.  This wouldn't be a good way to distinguish between the top schools though, because it would suggest changes in overall quality that were far greater than they actually were, since the percentage fluctuates from year to year by a decent number of percentage points just due to random chance.

Also at the top law schools, very little of the curriculum is devoted to bar passage.  They assume you'll just learn most of that during the month or two before the bar.