Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cardozo vs. Brooklyn - $$$ differences  (Read 777 times)

ScrappyT

• View Profile
    • Email
Cardozo vs. Brooklyn - $$$ differences
« on: April 12, 2010, 01:38:56 PM »
I am getting $32,000 to Brooklyn
I am getting $23,000 to Cardozo

Committed public interest person (have worked in that sector for a number of years).
Brooklyn is a significant amount more, and not that much lower in rankings. But, NYC friends keep telling me that Cardozo is much more well respected. Also very interested in criminal law and the Innocence Project at Cardozo.

Thanks so very much for any help!

no name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cardozo vs. Brooklyn - $$$ differences
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 12:24:34 PM »
Are those amounts conditional on staying in top x percentile?  It may be more difficult to keep, especially if all those rumors about all the scholarships being put in one section are true.

There really isn't that much of a difference between the two no matter what anyone says.  If you do well, you'll be in a good position to have a chance to land a job from either.  If you don't do well, you won't get any further just because you went to Cardozo as oppose to Brooklyn.  Go to the one that will leave you with a smaller debt.

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cardozo vs. Brooklyn - $$$ differences
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 12:46:00 AM »
I am getting $32,000 to Brooklyn
I am getting $23,000 to Cardozo

Committed public interest person (have worked in that sector for a number of years).
Brooklyn is a significant amount more, and not that much lower in rankings. But, NYC friends keep telling me that Cardozo is much more well respected. Also very interested in criminal law and the Innocence Project at Cardozo.

Thanks so very much for any help!

As far as career prospects go, the schools are almost literally equal. As far as impressing your NYC friends go; Manhattan beats Brooklyn any day of the week.

Remember that you'll be paying double rent as well.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.