Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Shameless Promotion: A Flawg  (Read 1175 times)

flawg

• View Profile
    • Failing out of Law School for Dummies, and Incredibly Intelligent People
    • Email
Shameless Promotion: A Flawg
« on: April 11, 2010, 07:33:44 AM »
I lost my battle with law school.  I still haven't gotten over it.  It took a piece of me.  It corrupted my soul, and it turned me into a completely different person.

Find what makes you happy in life.  Trust your instincts, and let go of regrets.  If, anywhere in the process, something is telling you that law school isn't for you, just stop.

Here is a link to my Flawg (portmanteau of Fail, Law, and Blog).  Enjoy.

http://lawschoolflunkout.wordpress.com

Fill the room with your intelligence!

Sheshe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Shameless Promotion: A Flawg
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 03:59:48 PM »
I feel like I've wasted valuable minutes of my life reading this awful blog! Dude you didn't fail law school because your professor was racist. You failed because you sucked in law school.  You admit that not only was your GPA undesirable, but you bombed the LSAT and could only get into a 4 tier.  If you're going to a 4th tier soley because that was your only option, then you propbably shouldn't go to law school (I realize that some ppl chose to go to 4T's for different reasons such as location, and I'm not knocking that).

Also, you said you're professor constantly criticized your writing style.  After reading your blog I would definitely agree that your writing style is poo.

You should also be more mindful of your audience.  This board is for people who want to succeed in legal careers, not people who aspire to be drop out losers.  In my opinion, If you begin lawschool, you damn sure better finish!
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

~Thomas Jefferson~

lawrookie

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »
The whole world is out to get you.....If you got a D- in one class that wouldnt have made you fail out of lawschool in and of itself. You could have gotten 3 other A's that same semster and been fine. Even if on academic probation you could have saved yourself the next term. What other reasons were there(your one teacher didnt teach all 15 credits did she)?

lyre

• brightly burns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 10:12:09 PM »
Get over it!  It was YEARS ago that you failed out.  Are you not doing anything more with your life now than writing some useless blog?

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 11:06:44 PM »
I a curious what job a dropout gets? Did you transfer your credits into an MBA? Join the Army? etc?

Get over it!  It was YEARS ago that you failed out.  Are you not doing anything more with your life now than writing some useless blog?

flawg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 07:53:07 AM »
I feel like I've wasted valuable minutes of my life reading this awful blog! Dude you didn't fail law school because your professor was racist. You failed because you sucked in law school.  You admit that not only was your GPA undesirable, but you bombed the LSAT and could only get into a 4 tier.  If you're going to a 4th tier soley because that was your only option, then you propbably shouldn't go to law school (I realize that some ppl chose to go to 4T's for different reasons such as location, and I'm not knocking that).

Also, you said you're professor constantly criticized your writing style.  After reading your blog I would definitely agree that your writing style is poo.

You should also be more mindful of your audience.  This board is for people who want to succeed in legal careers, not people who aspire to be drop out losers.  In my opinion, If you begin lawschool, you damn sure better finish!

At least I have the ability to use basic grammar and correctly use spell check.

The LSAT is ridiculous.  We know this.  I took the GRE and scored excellent.

I didn't drop out.  I failed.  There is a huge difference.  I have been by-and-large successful in most other aspects of life with the exception of law school.

I a curious what job a dropout gets? Did you transfer your credits into an MBA? Join the Army? etc?

I have worked in health insurance (major moral issues with that line of work and the company that I was working for) and real estate.  The market is bust right now.

Sheshe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 10:59:22 AM »
First off, Who on earth spell checks a post on a friggin discussion board? Last I checked there was no need for such formality on LSD.  The fact that you actually brought up spelling & grammar must be a sign of desperation. Couldn't think of anything else? How Sad!

But perhaps I was a little harsh yesterday.  I'm sure writing this blog is very therapeutic for you, but I doubt it serves any other purpose.  Yeah maybe the LSAT is poo, but along with GPA it is the best indicator of lawschool success.  I doubt that someone who completely bombs the LSAT and dosen't have a decent GPA should realistically expect to do well in law school without some serious dedication.  I just refuse to believe that you were victimized.  You probably just lacked the dedication, the ability, and the endurance. 

I'm really glad you're successful now though.  Law just probably wasn't your thing.
Good Luck in life!  ::)
A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.

~Thomas Jefferson~

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 03:43:31 PM »
Wow! First, its always the dropouts who try to explain about grammer(when its not graded in lawschool) Mabey if you focused on the elements more than grammer you'd not have failed

2) "I didnt dropout, I failed!".....Yes much, much better.....how is that better?

3) "Health insurance industry" stop acting like your MD or a nurse or even a CNA, your some slimeball trying to get a commission off of someone elses ignorance and suffering, probally going door to door carpooling with the guys from away and marykay.

flawg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 02:10:51 AM »
Wow! First, its always the dropouts who try to explain about grammer(when its not graded in lawschool) Mabey if you focused on the elements more than grammer you'd not have failed

2) "I didnt dropout, I failed!".....Yes much, much better.....how is that better?

3) "Health insurance industry" stop acting like your MD or a nurse or even a CNA, your some slimeball trying to get a commission off of someone elses ignorance and suffering, probally going door to door carpooling with the guys from away and marykay.

Actually, I worked in customer service, escalations.  I had to deal with sensitive subject matter, such as the denial of hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of cancer claims, or telling someone that the company wasn't going to pay for their son's much needed organ transplant and, by extension, that he was going to have to die or at the very least find another means to the end.  I sold supplemental policies, but I didn't even get a commission on them. 

I have a soul.  I couldn't handle that line of work.  I would see my co-workers laughing hysterically about the misfortunes of someone else.  The hypocritical nature of smokers on their break laughing at people undergoing lap band surgery for being morbidly obese. 

Grammar may not necessarily be graded in law school, but it speaks volumes to one's professionalism and credibility.

I think you're a perfect fit for law school.  It's just like high school, even worse.  It would appear that you are a high school student or below. Judging by your atrocious lack of grammar allow me to formulate that assumption

flawg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 02:16:35 AM »
First off, Who on earth spell checks a post on a friggin discussion board? Last I checked there was no need for such formality on LSD.  The fact that you actually brought up spelling & grammar must be a sign of desperation. Couldn't think of anything else? How Sad!

But perhaps I was a little harsh yesterday.  I'm sure writing this blog is very therapeutic for you, but I doubt it serves any other purpose.  Yeah maybe the LSAT is poo, but along with GPA it is the best indicator of lawschool success.  I doubt that someone who completely bombs the LSAT and dosen't have a decent GPA should realistically expect to do well in law school without some serious dedication.  I just refuse to believe that you were victimized.  You probably just lacked the dedication, the ability, and the endurance. 

I'm really glad you're successful now though.  Law just probably wasn't your thing.
Good Luck in life!  ::)

And to you as well.  It is widely held that LSAT and GPA are the prime indicators of success.  Dedication is important once you're in.  I got dealt a number of bad cards, but yes, some things were my fault.  I do not consider myself successful, but I have always been self-deprecating.  There are worse people in this world.

One of my most gifted law professors got in without a college degree, scored a 145 on the LSAT.  They're only numbers, just as we are all only numbers.  Numbers aren't everything.