Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Why Stanford students are so motivated.  (Read 2753 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Why Stanford students are so motivated.
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 09:44:06 PM »
You think that randomly winnning a lottery is the same as selling your fanny?  ???

THAT is the part that you out of this, NOTHING else catches the eye? 

Actually, no. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that a Yale grad is a hooker any more than it would surprise me to learn that a People's College of Law grad won the lottery. Neither would be representative of anything.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »
I'm not exactly sure what the suggestion in the original post was.  Was it that even Stanford students are having trouble finding jobs and, as such, at least one had to resort to prostitution?

I'm with Nealric on this one.  This article is interesting reading but suggests nothing about the ability to get a job from Stanford.  It makes more sense to me that this person was attracted by the high-call girl lifestyle (maybe it was the lots of money and few hours worked, who knows).

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 09:43:52 PM »
cant even find the "call of the question"..... should've gone to a real school and not one of those hooker training academies... :-\

I'm not exactly sure what the suggestion in the original post was.  Was it that even Stanford students are having trouble finding jobs and, as such, at least one had to resort to prostitution?

I'm with Nealric on this one.  This article is interesting reading but suggests nothing about the ability to get a job from Stanford.  It makes more sense to me that this person was attracted by the high-call girl lifestyle (maybe it was the lots of money and few hours worked, who knows).

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 10:50:38 PM »
cant even find the "call of the question"..... should've gone to a real school and not one of those hooker training academies... :-\

Again you prove to be clear with your thoughts.  I suggest you take some writing courses before law school.  They may be pretty useful.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 11:22:53 PM »
Yeah, I'll keep that in mind before my LLM. We all know how much spelling and grammer is graded on law exams, that's soooo important, idiot.  ::)

Again you prove to be clear with your thoughts.  I suggest you take some writing courses before law school.  They may be pretty useful.

Changed Name

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 01:25:56 AM »
Yeah, I'll keep that in mind before my LLM. We all know how much spelling and grammer is graded on law exams, that's soooo important, idiot.  ::)

And now you just prove that you need to improve in reading comprehension.  All I said was that you should take some writing courses because you need to improve your clarity when you write.  I didn't say take the courses to improve your grammar or anything of the sort.  I do believe that clarity is essential skill when taking a law school exam.

It's not entirely obvious what you're trying to say.  For example, in your first post, you seemed to be making an assertion that even Stanford law students were hurting so much in this economy because one student had to resort to prostitution.

I responded that, while the article is an entertaining read, we can't really draw many conclusions about the state of employment coming from Stanford (or as you call them "Ivy" league schools).  You seemed to take offense to this comment.

I'm done commenting on this thread.  I apologize if I offended you with any of my comments.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 10:11:41 AM »
Sigh...

Locking this one too.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?