Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FSU 2L Taking Questions  (Read 588 times)

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
FSU 2L Taking Questions
« on: April 06, 2010, 01:42:16 AM »
2L soon to be 3L. Ask anything about the law school, FSU in general, Tallahassee, Florida, whatever. If I don't know something, I'll find out for you.

Happy hunting.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

taxguy

• View Profile
Re: FSU 2L Taking Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 01:58:58 PM »
I checked out the FSU site and they seem to have a dearth of offerings compared to that of Miami or Florida or even Stetson. Did I miss something?

Also, they seem to have a funky concentration in (I think) environmental law. Any other strong points?

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 06:34:12 PM »
I am thinking about transferring to FSU law. Do you know anything about how the adjustment was for transfer students? Are the exams mostly essay or are they a mix of essay and multiple choice? Are the professors helpful if you have questions and do they provide students with practice prior to finals--practice essays, multiple choice examples from previous exams or multiple choice/hypos during classes that may be similar to the finals, etc.?

I have a lot more questions, but I will stop there for today. Thank you for your time.

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
Oh, I do have another question that I would like to ask. I understand that you might feel uncomfortable answering it, and if so, I understand if you choose not to answer. I have heard that at some law schools students will do things to try to screw over the other students--stealing books from the library, actively giving false info in study groups, mind games, etc. (I would be coming from a school where that sort of thing is very minimal, at least in my section. I also stayed away from those students who chose to act that way.) Is there a lot of that behavior at FSU or are students pretty good about not doing those things?