Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Pre-PowerScore Preparation  (Read 521 times)

lsatbeard

• View Profile
Pre-PowerScore Preparation
« on: April 05, 2010, 05:14:46 PM »
After over two years of not-really studying on my own, I've cracked and decided to just pay $1,300 for the PowerScore class, and take the June LSAT.

I've studied all 3 Power Score Bibles, and worked through real LSAT questions. Despite all this, I still suck. I always run out of time, so I've been practicing untimed, which can take an hour per section (and I STILL miss questions).

The class starts next week. What should I do to get the most out of the class?

I have Talbot's Big Fat Genius book, several practice tests, and the PS Bibles at my disposal. I haven't read BFG, and I'm sort of reluctant to, because I am worried that it may confuse me. I'm also wondering if I should go over the practice tests, because I don't know which ones they use for the diagnostic tests, and I would like accurate results.

June isn't far, so I would like to get started now, but I don't want to screw anything up.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: Pre-PowerScore Preparation
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:29:18 PM »
I would probably take the week off so you can start the class fresh.  Pay attention, take good notes, ask good questions, do all your homework, and ask your instructor for advice on how to improve since he or she will be able to observe your thought process and how you get to your answer and will be best able to explain why you were right or wrong.  I don't know anything about Talbot's Big Fat Genius book, but I wouldn't read it- instead, just relax before your class and do all the reading and work assigned to you.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.