Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Cooley Law School That Bad?  (Read 67410 times)

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Is Cooley Law School That Bad?
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2010, 03:19:05 PM »
The real rub is that a Cooley education is just as expensive as any T14.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2010, 11:39:08 AM »
According to me Cooley University low school is best one it's not lenient for entrance but it has a bad reputation. You shouldn't think wrong for this well establish low school. Time is precious so plz get the admission at Cooley University .

I find it ironic that you called it "Cooley University low school."  If your spelling and writing abilities are representative of the talent from Cooley, I'd have to say that the answer to this thread is a resounding "YES."

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2010, 12:47:25 PM »
I find it ironic that you called it "Cooley University low school."  If your spelling and writing abilities are representative of the talent from Cooley, I'd have to say that the answer to this thread is a resounding "YES."

Lol. The post is from a spam bot.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2010, 05:21:17 PM »

Lol. The post is from a spam bot.

Sad thing is, I wouldn't have been shocked if it was actually a Cooley law student.

like_lasagna

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 21, 2011, 04:16:09 AM »
The level of delusion here is astounding.

There are no jobs. If you are at a T4, you are significantly less likely to get those jobs that DO become available. It doesn't matter what you want to do.

rm09

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2011, 05:51:22 PM »
I can't really speak of Cooley since I know nothing about it other than its reputation.  Personally, the one thing I'd worried about with a school that admits people with both bad GPAs and LSAT scores would be that the student body would actually hold back my education because they'd have a harder time grasping the material.  But I don't know if that is even the case.

I was going to recommend you go to http://officialguide.lsac.org/

I typed in your 2.9 GPA and 156 LSAT and found you have up to a 100% chance of getting admitted to at least 11 different schools and still a greater than a 50% chance of being admitted to dozens more.  You are not limited to Cooley.  You would be limited to Cooley if your numbers were 1.9 and 146 instead of 2.9 and 156.

politicolaw

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2011, 07:10:29 PM »

Just to keep the "facts" going here, this is not a fact. The majority of students at Cooley go part time. Part time tuition at Cooley ranges from 13k -26k per year assuming there is no scholarship - and an average LSAT taker would easily attain a partial scholarship. 

http://www.cooley.edu/finaid/tuition.html

Someone going to Cooley part time on scholarship could be getting a very good tuition rate comparable to an instate residency at a public law school. In a poor economy, maybe a better choice than many t4's.

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2011, 08:28:20 AM »
Fine, one can parse the numbers several ways or include extraneous factors such as scholarships to make a case that one school is or is not more or less expensive - this was a general statement regarding tuition costs.  It still takes 90 credit hours to graduate and the cost per credit hour at Cooley is about the same as any other law school - last I saw it was pushing up on $900/credit hour (according to the link provided it actually about $1K per).  90 x $900 still equals $81,000 in tuition costs alone for the degree... part-time or full-time is irrelevant.  Do what you want with grants, scholarships, COL expenses, etc... the base sticker price is what it is.

Just to keep the "facts" going here, this is not a fact. The majority of students at Cooley go part time. Part time tuition at Cooley ranges from 13k -26k per year assuming there is no scholarship - and an average LSAT taker would easily attain a partial scholarship. 

Someone going to Cooley part time on scholarship could be getting a very good tuition rate comparable to an instate residency at a public law school. In a poor economy, maybe a better choice than many t4's.

john4040

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2011, 09:35:45 AM »

I would only go to Cooley if (1) I felt that I couldn't live without being a lawyer, AND (2) tuition was less than $6000 /yr. (i.e., $18,000 total for the degree).

Just to keep the "facts" going here, this is not a fact.... and an average LSAT taker would easily attain a partial scholarship. 

The whole reason most go to Cooley is because they're BELOW average relative to other prospective law school admits.  So, although "an average LSAT taker would easily attain a partial scholarship," an average Cooley admit would not.  Those are the facts.

Also, I think this guy said it best:
The level of delusion here is astounding.

Some people here are in serious denial.  This board is packed with T3 and T4 students.  They all huddle together and congratulate each other like it's some sort of accomplishment and they've all achieved greatness.  Well, I've got news for you:  It's not a an accomplishment, it should not be celebrated, and a rude awakening awaits most of you after the bar.

politicolaw

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 31, 2011, 10:31:15 AM »

[/quote]

Some people here are in serious denial.  This board is packed with T3 and T4 students.  They all huddle together and congratulate each other like it's some sort of accomplishment and they've all achieved greatness.  Well, I've got news for you:  It's not a an accomplishment, it should not be celebrated, and a rude awakening awaits most of you after the bar.
[/quote]

The T3 & T4s congratulate, and the T1's trash the rest.. it's whatever. The funniest yet are the comments trashing people before they've even taken the LSAT or been accepted anywhere.

I would agree, the general range of Cooley students would be below average in #s. However, I suppose I'm not advocating the whole school. I'm just saying it can work, and its going to work for my situation.

And lastly, its actually $1100 per credit hour. No idea where you found 900 at.