Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Cooley Law School That Bad?  (Read 72875 times)

pacelaw2013

• View Profile
Re: Is Cooley Law School That Bad?
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2010, 07:19:03 AM »
If a sonofpickle is in fact real which is highly unlikely and for humanities sakes I hope he is not.  He would definitely not have had any type of sexual interaction either gay or straight... Clearly he is above meaningless sexual interaction and he could not be either gay or straight he has reached intellectual nirvana and can't be bothered with peasantries of sexuality. Maybe he will have to procreate and spread his genius at some point, but that will be the only sexual interaction he will ever have.

Oh my god, SOP is George Costanza!
Independence forever.

John Adams' last public words

sonofapickle.

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2010, 12:17:33 PM »
True, even though he gets tugjobs by a dudes hand every night, I guess its not "gay" if its your own hand...... :o

If a sonofpickle is in fact real which is highly unlikely and for humanities sakes I hope he is not.  He would definitely not have had any type of sexual interaction either gay or straight. He would be to busy playing world of warcraft, going to star trek conventions, and telling himself how awesome he is. Clearly he is above meaningless sexual interaction and he could not be either gay or straight he has reached intellectual nirvana and can't be bothered with peasantries of sexuality. Maybe he will have to procreate and spread his genius at some point, but that will be the only sexual interaction he will ever have.

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2010, 12:35:08 PM »
It seems there is a full fledged imitator. Someday you will have your own personality and will stop mimicking the greats.

If a sonofpickle is in fact real which is highly unlikely and for humanities sakes I hope he is not.  He would definitely not have had any type of sexual interaction either gay or straight. He would be to busy playing world of warcraft, going to star trek conventions, and telling himself how awesome he is. Clearly he is above meaningless sexual interaction and he could not be either gay or straight he has reached intellectual nirvana and can't be bothered with peasantries of sexuality. Maybe he will have to procreate and spread his genius at some point, but that will be the only sexual interaction he will ever have.

I don't get my entertainment from simple facets like TV or video games. I would rather read a good book or attend a foreign film being showed at the local theater.

pacelaw2013

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2010, 12:47:23 PM »
It seems there is a full fledged imitator. Someday you will have your own personality...

Agreed, the imitator is not even funny, which is the real crime.
 ::)
Independence forever.

John Adams' last public words

sonofapickle.

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »
whateva, you just immidatin' the real slim-pickle, the real slim-pickle.........

It seems there is a full fledged imitator. Someday you will have your own personality...

Agreed, the imitator is not even funny, which is the real crime.
 ::)

sonofapickle

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2010, 12:42:01 PM »
I would rather get this topic on a different note and address a post that was made on the first page.

Obviously, Harvard will open more doors, but law school is really what you make of it.

I know I detest tier 4 schools and schools like Cooley, but anyone attending those schools could get into big law. It would be a much different route than say, a kid graduating from the top 5. A student who was in a tier 4 would actually have to work a few years as a lawyer, gain experience, make a lot of rapport with some wealthy people, and finally, make a name for himself in the field of law. It would take a while but it would also garner more experience and possibly a better suited lawyer for biglaw than some students who do graduate from top law schools.

My uncle who works in a big law firm always says, school name only matters when you first graduate law school and pass the bar exam. If you have been out in the field for 5-10 years, your school name doesn't matter anymore and experience, reputation, and network matters more.

llsatt1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2010, 05:28:08 PM »
Answer: Yes

llsatt1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2010, 09:14:49 PM »
I'm basing it on fact.

processus

• View Profile
    • telecharger gratuit dll
« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2010, 05:45:02 AM »
I think it is not too bad at all.

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2010, 01:12:39 PM »
The truth is, the students at cooley are generally not as good at getting good grades and taking tests as the students at a top 100 school.  The students at #100 are generally not as good at taking tests and getting good grades as the students who go to schools in the top 14.

So what does that mean?  That's up to you.  It's just basic common sense that many employers would think that the students who go to cooley are not as bright as the students at highly ranked schools, and hiring partners like bright students for some reason.

So that fact influences everything else.  Does cooley provide a high quality education?  Who knows, the students' poor performance would make it impossible to identify whether the instruction is poor.
Does cooley provide students with good career opportunities?  Who knows... but you can't tell if it's cooley's fault that many of their grads don't have jobs.  Maybe the students are just not as appealing.

Say what you want to say about the rankings, but the top schools get the best applicants (on paper at least)
The median LSAT and GPA of the applicants at my T2 school was 160 and 3.45.   Does anyone think that employers would prefer a student body with median stats like 146 and 2.95?  (cooley's 2006 entering class)

No way.

It may not be fair or whatever, but it's true.