Deciding Where to Go > Reviews, Visits, and Rankings

Is Cooley Law School That Bad?

(1/34) > >>

barryb:
Okay im a canadian student who really didn't have really good grades so im going to  be applying for law school in the u.s because in Canada the law schools are just too competitive. My gpa is 2.9 and my LSAT is a 156. Can you guys tell me what law schools i might have a chance at? Furthermore people told me that Cooley University is lenient for entrance but it has a bad reputation.

MorningStar:
It's all cost benefit.  It is very likely that, especially as a non-citizen, the cost to attend Cooley - 3 years and $70,000+ -  will exceed the benefits.  Obviously if you can overcome the odds, all power to you.  I'm sure bigs can point out more than a couple that have.

cooleylawstudent:
Largest Lawschool in the nation, largest library and better than most T-1s just view the Rateings section on their page to see for yourself.  ;)   

--- Quote from: barryb on April 03, 2010, 09:38:11 PM ---Okay im a canadian student who really didn't have really good grades so im going to  be applying for law school in the u.s because in Canada the law schools are just too competitive. My gpa is 2.9 and my LSAT is a 156. Can you guys tell me what law schools i might have a chance at? Furthermore people told me that Cooley University is lenient for entrance but it has a bad reputation.

--- End quote ---

cooleylawstudent:
Guy, I'd be offended if I wasn't so flattered.

--- Quote from: bigs5068 on April 04, 2010, 06:05:53 AM ---Don't listen to the jackass comments, I worked under two guys that went to Cooley who were doing quite will for themselves. Obviously, you need to do a reality check and know that if you go to Cooley nobody is going to roll the red carpet out for you, but the truth is nobody rolls out the carpet for anybody except maybe for Harvard or Yale. The reality is law school what you make of it.  If you go to Cooley or Harvard you will learn the same law. The UCC, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, or elements of negligence don't change no matter where you learn them.    

--- End quote ---

SASS:

--- Quote from: bigs5068 on April 04, 2010, 06:05:53 AM ---Don't listen to the jackass comments, I worked under two guys that went to Cooley who were doing quite will for themselves. Obviously, you need to do a reality check and know that if you go to Cooley nobody is going to roll the red carpet out for you, but the truth is nobody rolls out the carpet for anybody except maybe for Harvard or Yale. The reality is law school is what you make of it.  If you go to Cooley or Harvard you will learn the same law. The UCC, Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, or elements of negligence don't change no matter where you learn them.    

--- End quote ---

Yes, there is Harvard and Yale and then there are the rest of the schools.  Cooley = NYU Law, they all learn the same stuff anyway.  This is absurd.  Law school is not simply what you make of it.  Your options are extremely limited not going to a good law school.  T1 is safe and some regional schools well respected in their regions  Thinking you can attend just any t4 and be ok is a risk.  I know because I went to a T4 and transferred to a t20 school.  The difference is remarkable in every aspect of your education.  People making flowery statements about how "law school is what you make of it" are speaking generally and are inaccurate. Don't waste your money on a school that is a joke.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version