Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Frustrated with the LSAT & retaking 3RD TIME  (Read 4290 times)

cooleylawstudent

Re: Frustrated with the LSAT & retaking 3RD TIME
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 01:23:35 AM »
since the day we opened the doors, not to mention our haveing a higher bar pass rate than a lot of selfmasterbaiting academies  out there.

Really? Cooley has suddenly become a good school?

Pray tell, Sir. When did this happen?

The largest lawschool in the nation comes to mind....

Basically your max sounds like about 152 or so, but theres plenty of good schools you can get into with a 3.72 and a 150.  good luck.

Yeah? Name one?

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 03:13:16 AM »
since the day we opened the doors, not to mention our haveing a higher bar pass rate than a lot of selfmasterbaiting academies  out there.

Apparently you are forgetting that there's a huge difference in difficulty on bar exams, and Michigan is considered one of the "top 3" easiest.

That being said, Cooley is the weakest in the state, 9% below the average (and being the only school below average, which means if you remove Cooley from the state, the state's average bar pass rate actually jumps by 4-5%).

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem understanding why some people would go to Cooley, but saying it's a good law school, well, that just isn't true.

Edit: Just to prove a point, Cooley graduates taking the CA bar (arguably the hardest bar exam in the country), your pass rates are 30% for first timers and 27% for repeaters.

Not exactly kicking Stanford's ass there.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 03:39:40 AM »
Lies...stanford is out bittch! >:(   Harvard is our mistress, and Yale...thats just the hooker we left in the alley.

since the day we opened the doors, not to mention our haveing a higher bar pass rate than a lot of selfmasterbaiting academies  out there.

Apparently you are forgetting that there's a huge difference in difficulty on bar exams, and Michigan is considered one of the "top 3" easiest.

That being said, Cooley is the weakest in the state, 9% below the average (and being the only school below average, which means if you remove Cooley from the state, the state's average bar pass rate actually jumps by 4-5%).

Don't get me wrong, I have no problem understanding why some people would go to Cooley, but saying it's a good law school, well, that just isn't true.

Edit: Just to prove a point, Cooley graduates taking the CA bar (arguably the hardest bar exam in the country), your pass rates are 30% for first timers and 27% for repeaters.

Not exactly kicking Stanford's ass there.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 10:37:20 AM »
october test be hardest ever.