Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC v BU$$ v VULS  (Read 1329 times)

kman999

• View Profile
BC v BU$$ v VULS
« on: April 01, 2010, 04:03:07 PM »
Hello all,

Looking for some input on a few choices.  I have been accepted to BC, BU and VULS.  BU is offering 15K/yr, while VULS and BC are not offering anything.  Unless BC matches I will most likely be crossing them off the list.

Now between BU and VULS, I also think I have to take the money.  The one major obstacle, is that I am extremely interested in Vandy's econ joint-degree program.  Any thoughts?

Also wait-listed at Northwestern.  If NU were to happen, then what? NU or BU$$?

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
Re: BC v BU$$ v VULS
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 06:45:42 PM »
BC/BU and Vandy are likely to line you up with jobs in different markets. (Top of the class at both can surely go a lot of places, but median students may tend to find more local jobs.) Where do you want to work when you graduate?

kman999

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 06:16:38 PM »
I am extremely interested in Chicago, but would be happy on the east coast.  This another part of the dilemma, as I would be happier in Boston than Nashville, but I know Vandy places well in Chicago.

We will see how it all pans out. 

Contract2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »
Hello all,

Looking for some input on a few choices.  I have been accepted to BC, BU and VULS.  BU is offering 15K/yr, while VULS and BC are not offering anything.  Unless BC matches I will most likely be crossing them off the list.

Now between BU and VULS, I also think I have to take the money.  The one major obstacle, is that I am extremely interested in Vandy's econ joint-degree program.  Any thoughts?

Also wait-listed at Northwestern.  If NU were to happen, then what? NU or BU$$?

How much are you getting from BU and what are the conditions for renewal?

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 02:08:43 AM »
BU seems to be the right answer for the OP.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

nerfco

• Sr. Citizen
  • U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 02:41:08 PM »
Vanderbilt's tuition is $6,000 higher than Boston University's. Combined with the scholarship, you would be paying ~ $63,000 more over three years.

Go to BU.

kman999

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 01:01:23 PM »
Thanks for the advice, well the deposit is in at BU and it seems like the logical choice.

BUT I have now been admitted to Northwestern, and have to decide between having nearly 150K in loans from NU or something around 60K from BU (20K scholly).

Is NU worth it?  I have about 2 weeks to make the decision.

Thanks again. 

TimMitchell

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 03:19:44 PM »
If you want to work in Chicago it's definitely worth it. Many would say it's worth it no matter where you want to work.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 03:49:04 PM »
If you want to work in Chicago it's definitely worth it. Many would say it's worth it no matter where you want to work.

Agree with Timmeh here... if you want Chicago, go to NU.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.