Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reapplying to Law School  (Read 943 times)

shiba61

• View Profile
Reapplying to Law School
« on: April 01, 2010, 12:21:07 PM »
I was matriculated in a Tier 4 law school in the Fall of 2008.  After one semester I was academically dismissed.  I studied for hours on end and despite my intense nerves thought I did enough to still be in good standing.  Trying to see what went wrong I decided to be tested and I was diagnosed with ADHD.  I have enrolled to get my MBA and I currently have a 3.0.  I am currently working on reapplying and re-taking the LSAT.  Does anyone know if I would have a chance of getting back in considering my situation.  Thanks!

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Reapplying to Law School
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 09:06:46 PM »
You certainly do, although if you're getting a solid MBA, you might want to ask yourself if you actually want to?

Anyway, when it comes to reapplying to law school it's all about candor and disclosure. Be 100% honest about everything, explain the medical condition and you should be ok. Best of luck to you.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

shiba61

• View Profile
Re: Reapplying to Law School
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 09:21:16 PM »
Thank you so much!

That's a great concern of mine. I feared that I may be shunned due to my circumstances, and not be granted admission.  I guess then it's all just a matter of demonstrating to the schools, in my personal statement and addendum, that I really am capable of doing the work.