Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what do you think about this topic????  (Read 741 times)

MrKulick1987

• View Profile
what do you think about this topic????
« on: March 30, 2010, 01:31:28 PM »
I am starting to work on my personal statement and would like some feed back on the topic I intend on writing about. I would like to write about drug addiction,alcoholism, and domestic violence. Each have run ramped through my family for the past 15 years including in my own life. Furthermore, I would like to discuss the adversity that was overcome in order for my family and I to get back on my feet ( i.e ended up homeless at 19, had a couple of close encounters to death, etc). After overcoming such obstacles I ended up back in college and will be graduating in August. Also, it is very apparent in my transcript of the struggles starting early in high school ( three high schools in my senior year, grades started to slip, college grades were mediocre, followed by a dramatic increase in my grades up until graduation(3.5). Please fill me on your opinions and outlooks on such a topic. thank you.

Mike

writetrackad

• info@writetrackadmissions.com | (888) WRIT-TRK
    • View Profile
    • Write Track Admissions
    • Email
Re: what do you think about this topic????
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 04:34:43 PM »
Mike,

Choosing to draft your personal statement around a personal, emotional, and sensitive topic is a risk, but the reward is also considerable.  These statement tend to make the most resonating statements.  For instance, a student I worked last year drafted a statement around his multiple DUI's, and how he was ultimately able to transcend and defeat alcoholism, which also ran in his family, and aspired to focus on defense work helping individuals with alcohol/drug issues.  With a lower LSAT and GPA, he was admitted to three top-25 law schools.

If you need more involved help articulating your statement, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best,

Kal, Write Track Admissions
_____________________________ _____
Write Track Law Admissions
Admission Expert | www.writetrackadmissions.com
info@writetrackadmissions.com
Get Noticed, Get In