Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 3 questions someone please help/LSDAS  (Read 1441 times)

GiovannaD

• View Profile
3 questions someone please help/LSDAS
« on: March 28, 2010, 10:38:59 PM »
can anyone kindly tell me if the LSDAS GPA averages in/or takes account to remedial pass or fail grades? I took a remedial math class 3 x and failed it 3x (pathetic I know) and I'm afraid that the fail is going to screw up my 3.8 gpa. please help! In place of an F, I got an R instead for this course, so although the F is not on my transcript, an R is still failing.
my sec. quest: does anyone know if study abroad credits are averaged in as well?

and my last :does the LSDAS system calculates A grades that are of different credits earned. I have a handful of A's that are 1 credit courses that fluffled my gpa, but I do also have 3 semesters of full time A's which are 3 cr. courses. Will the A's be calculated differently?

TIA!

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 3 questions someone please help/LSDAS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 10:52:31 PM »
I know the one classes count I had 17 one unit A's for playing basketball a great system for keeping retarded jocks GPA's up amazingly 6 guys were still ineligible. Those 17 a's helped me get a solid scholarship to law school, so I know for a fact that the 1 unit classes count towards your overall GPA. It is B.S. and really sucks for people that take hard classes in undergrad, but the idiotic U.S News rankings need to be satisfied so if you are still in undergrad it would probably be good to get a few more B.S. A's in Frisbee golf etc if you can, because it well help you get admitted and get potential scholarship money. 

Study abroad and for the F's and R's I am 99% sure they just take what is on your transcript. So if for example the semester you got an R and it still says you have a 3.2 then the R didn't count for anything.  If you have 3b's and the R and your GPA is 2. something then the R will have counted for an F or at least that is how I understand it. I had a W (withdraw) and it did not have any negative impact on my GPA so I imagine it is the same thing for R's, but that is just a guess.

GiovannaD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 11:39:13 PM »
I know the one classes count I had 17 one unit A's for playing basketball a great system for keeping retarded jocks GPA's up amazingly 6 guys were still ineligible. Those 17 a's helped me get a solid scholarship to law school, so I know for a fact that the 1 unit classes count towards your overall GPA. It is B.S. and really sucks for people that take hard classes in undergrad, but the idiotic U.S News rankings need to be satisfied so if you are still in undergrad it would probably be good to get a few more B.S. A's in Frisbee golf etc if you can, because it well help you get admitted and get potential scholarship money.
Study abroad and for the F's and R's I am 99% sure they just take what is on your transcript. So if for example the semester you got an R and it still says you have a 3.2 then the R didn't count for anything.  If you have 3b's and the R and your GPA is 2. something then the R will have counted for an F or at least that is how I understand it. I had a W (withdraw) and it did not have any negative impact on my GPA so I imagine it is the same thing for R's, but that is just a guess. - 

THANKS FOR THE REPLY! BUT I'M HOPING SOMEONE WITH ACTUAL EXPERIENCE WOULD HELP ME OUT AS WELL, I'VE TAKEN A LOT OF GUESSING ADVICE THAT ENDED UP BEING WRONG, SO I'M TRYING TO AVOID THE EDUCATED GUESSES CAUSE TRUST ME I'VE DONE THEM MYSELF AND ONLY ENDED UP BEING SCREWED, BUT I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP! DID YOU A'S COUNT THE SAME AS THE REGULAR A'S ON THE LSDAS?

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 11:59:12 PM »
They counted towards my GPA. My transcripts said I had a 3.08 my LSAC GPA was 3.08 so I imagine they just go with what your transcripts say. However, it doesn't really matter if I am right or wrong the bottom line is you have to turn your transcripts into LSAC and your LSAC GPA is what they say it is. There is nothing you, me, or superman can do to change it, so just turn your transcripts into LSAC and the suspense will be over and you will know your LSAC GPA.  Good luck to you.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 01:15:21 AM »
LSDAS counts classes that you have retaken, so all of the grades will be averaged in and all grades are is weighted by the amount of credits taken.  However, I don't know what an "R" is and how they average that in.  Further, they usually don't count study abroad classes if you were abroad for less than a year- the exception is if your study abroad program was affiliated with your school and the school puts the grades on your school transcript.  You can still send in your study abroad transcript and they will put a "note" in your file with the grades.  All of this information is on their website of course. 
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.