Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whittier Recycles Rejection Letters  (Read 4056 times)

oneoclockjump40

• View Profile
    • Email
Whittier Recycles Rejection Letters
« on: March 27, 2010, 10:55:42 PM »
I applied last year and they rejected me. For some reason, I thought this year they would let me in. I was wrong, rejected again. I kept my letter from last year and compared it to the e-mail rejection, they're practically the same! Here is this year's rejection E-MAIL. Check out the ESQ. behind the admissions dean's name. So lawyers do the choosing, well that explains a lot!  ::)

Dear Marie:

Thank you for your interest and effort in your recent application for admission to Whittier Law School.  The Faculty Admissions Committee has reviewed your application for admission to the Fall 2010 entering class.  I regret to inform you that the Committee will not be offering you a place in the Fall 2010 entering class.

In our process to assemble a new class every year, so many applicants with impressive backgrounds must be turned away.  Admission decisions were based on a comparative review that included an evaluation of each applicant's academic performance, additional scholastic achievements, preparation and potential for advanced study, letters of recommendation, and other supporting materials.

As you are one of a large number of applicants who have been sent this letter, I am not able to write personally to you about the factors that affected our decision. I do wish to assure you however that your application received a thorough evaluation. It was difficult to deny admission to so many while knowing the breadth of their accomplishments.  I can assure you that your file was given extensive and careful consideration.  This disappointing outcome is not a reflection of your potential as a law student or as a lawyer.

Applicants who are interested in individualized counseling regarding the admissions process can contact the Office of Admissions after September 1, 2010 to schedule an appointment.

Sincerely,
Tom McColl, Esq.

Assistant Dean for Admissions
and Financial Aid

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: Whittier Recycles Rejection Letters
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 07:15:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure every school does this
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

oneoclockjump40

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 01:18:51 PM »
Probably.  :P

justice4all

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 03:31:06 PM »
yeah, i got the same email!

MCB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 06:28:26 PM »
Is this a problem?
USD 2L

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 10:39:15 PM »
A few thoughts here,

A) Apply to other schools
B) Why brag that you cant get into a T4?
C) I think that I understand why you didnt get in, if you think that its worth a  ::) on them sending you the same standard "you loose" letter. Yeah, you showed them, they look soooo dumb right now!............

If you have a BA and passed your LSAT your a smart enough person all joking aside here, just apply to other schools and if you have to go to a state approved school even, if you applying to whittier then you must want to be in CA and that state is loaded to the gills with them. Do what you gotta do man.

oneoclockjump40

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 04:42:52 PM »
I'm not bragging, just sharing which is the whole point of this "Denials" board right?  Also, there is no need to get snippy.  >:(
One of the problems with MBs is that you have people who are more apt to be jerks because of the anonymity of the internet.  >:(

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 11:28:59 PM »
Guy you are in denial. If a T4 keeps telling you no, then its for a reason its not like its Harvard telling you no. Except it for what it is.

I'm not bragging, just sharing which is the whole point of this "Denials" board right?  Also, there is no need to get snippy.  >:(
One of the problems with MBs is that you have people who are more apt to be jerks because of the anonymity of the internet.  >:(

Haynes7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 12:34:29 AM »
I think you are very brave to admit that you were not accepted into a law school that you wanted to go to. 
People may be snippy but at least you have balls and courage.  You are a far more pleasant person than that snobby waste of oxygen. 
I also understand your frustration with impersonal rejection letters.  For the money you payed to apply they could at least give you a reason why they didn't accept you.  It sucks to pay something for nothing.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 12:48:28 AM »
He paid for the right to have is application reviewed. If they had to put a "personal touch" on each rejection letter, you'd easily double the cost to apply. Who does that help?

I think you are very brave to admit that you were not accepted into a law school that you wanted to go to. 
People may be snippy but at least you have balls and courage.  You are a far more pleasant person than that snobby waste of oxygen. 
I also understand your frustration with impersonal rejection letters.  For the money you payed to apply they could at least give you a reason why they didn't accept you.  It sucks to pay something for nothing.