Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FSU or UF?  (Read 771 times)

rcg88

• View Profile
FSU or UF?
« on: March 25, 2010, 07:54:11 PM »
I've been accepted to both and am really torn between them both. I am interested in criminal law so being in the capital at FSU would be helpful, but then there might be better career options because of UF's name. Does it really matter because they are so close in the rankings??

scoop333

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: FSU or UF?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 12:39:14 PM »
Is there any scholarship money offered to you from either school?  Have you visitied both schools??

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »
Is there any scholarship money offered to you from either school?  Have you visitied both schools??

Yeah, cost is a key factor.  What would be the cost of attending each school? 

rcg88

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 01:26:00 AM »
Yes, 10K to FSU and nothing yet from UF, but I doubt I'll get anything, I hear they're pretty tight with money. I'm in state also, so either would be pretty cheap. I've visited both, liked the atmosphere better at FSU because the students seemed happier. The library at UF is really nice though. I'm definitely leaning towards FSU since I started this thread...

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 06:12:49 AM »
Yes, 10K to FSU and nothing yet from UF, but I doubt I'll get anything, I hear they're pretty tight with money. I'm in state also, so either would be pretty cheap. I've visited both, liked the atmosphere better at FSU because the students seemed happier. The library at UF is really nice though. I'm definitely leaning towards FSU since I started this thread...

Is it 10k/yr.?  Are there any GPA requirements to keep the 10k? 

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 01:46:55 AM »
FSU, and I am biased. :)

Seriously though, either will serve you just fine. Go wherever you think you'll be happier for 3 years.

For what it's worth, FSU does have a pretty chill student body and we all get along very well. Very little gunnerism here, everyone knows they'll be ok. Everyone helps everyone and 2Ls and 3Ls feed outlines to 1Ls like crazy. Our library is sufficient, and if you're doing it right, you won't be there that much anyway. You will be happy here.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.