Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: anybody in CBA approved law school?i mean non ABA  (Read 1847 times)

talin

• View Profile
    • Email
anybody in CBA approved law school?i mean non ABA
« on: March 22, 2010, 06:10:53 PM »
Hi everybody ,

is anyone in a California bar approve school? i mean non ABA approved law school? is this a good idea to get in ther ?

Thane Messinger

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: anybody in non CBA approved law school?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 06:19:56 PM »
Hi everybody ,

is anyone in a California bar approve school? i mean non ABA approved law school? is this a good idea to get in ther ?

In general, the answer is no.  We might think of these as Tier 5 schools.

But the deeper question is . . . What is your interest in attending?  (I'm not being facetious.  There can be legitimate reasons to attend a non-ABA-accredited law school.)

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 08:16:12 PM »
When I was an undergrad I worked under a few people that were doing quite well for themselves from  CBA schools.  Granted they lived in small towns, but Cal Northern in Chico is pretty well respected in Chico. I imagine it is like that for other CBA schools, they have a very limited range, but if you are willing to work in a remote location it can work out.

Another plus side is that it is WAY CHEAPER than ABA.

talin

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 11:15:39 PM »
thank you guys,
the reason is that they have evening and part time classes , they r cheaper and some of them dont need lsat if u have a B.A . and they have fall spring summer admission.
They dont need all the transcripts also.
Generally they r easier to get in.
I live in CA and i was wondering..

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: anybody in CBA approved law school?i mean non ABA
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 11:20:34 PM »
Just keep in mind that this gives you virtually no mobility at all geographically speaking.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 12:28:58 AM »
Guy, I thought about those schools too but most require an LSAT and ALL require transcripts(the bar makes them or you cant be licensed once you graduate) besides, how is skipping the lsat a good thing? If you can't pass that, you can't pass the First year minibar and thus your first year wont even count in the end. You know that right?

thank you guys,
the reason is that they have evening and part time classes , they r cheaper and some of them dont need lsat if u have a B.A . and they have fall spring summer admission.
They dont need all the transcripts also.
Generally they r easier to get in.
I live in CA and i was wondering..