Law School Discussion

Final Decision: Loyola (LA), Denver, Boulder Waitlist, Suffolk?

Ok, it's getting near that time to pull the proverbial trigger and would love some input. These are my final choices... everything else I visited and hated it. Loved Loyola (good people, great vibe, awesome campus, just nervous about living in LA ($!)). Visiting Denver and Boulder in two weeks- I have been to Denver many times and love the city and could see myself settling down there. I feel like if Boulder were to admit me, my decision would be made, but who knows when or if that would happen.
And finally, I have never been Boston and don't know much about Suffolk. I would like to do big law more than I would like to do public interest law.
Any honest thoughts/opinions welcome!

nerfco

• U.Chi '10
    • View Profile
Re: Final Decision: Loyola (LA), Denver, Boulder Waitlist, Suffolk?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:45:44 PM »
Depending on how you define "big law," I don't know if it is a realistic expectation going to any of these schools. The top of the class from these schools will get big law, but the vast majority of students will not. That said...

Each of these schools is fairly regional. From the sounds of it, you seem to want to live in Denver over LA or Boston. If you like the Colorado schools, it makes sense to go to Denver ov Loyola or Suffolk (which are both in cities with more biglaw, but also in cities where there are more higher-ranked schools nearby).