Train the Trainer FETAC Level 6
Do you want to develop your training skills?
Do you want to learn how to handle difficult trainees?
You may be about to deliver in-house training and that's great - You'll usually have a good knowledge of the topic, the
priorities of the business and people's expectations and needs.However, you may want to develop your training skills; this
course will assist you in capturing the trainee's enthusiasm, handling "difficult" trainees and measuring the effectiveness of
the training. This practical course gives you these skills and more. It is suitable for those who are new to training, those
with some experience but who would like to polish their performance and those who have the desire to become a trainer
and need a formal training qualification.
You will learn:
· How to define objectives that meet both business and trainee needs
· How to recognise the different learning styles of trainees and adapt your training accordingly.
· How to plan and design training to gain the trainee's commitment and enthusiasm.
· How to identify and prevent a problem before it develops.
· How to act assertively but not aggressively with challenging trainees.
· How to check that your training is really effective and that learning has occurred.
We run this workshop as an interactive session with plenty of opportunity for participants to discuss and learn how to
handle a range of training challenges.You will also be able to plan a training session and practice your skills in delivering
training.We ask you to bring details of training you either deliver now or plan to deliver. This helps ensure you can more
easily apply the training after the course.
Train the Trainer
This FETAC Train the Trainer course will provide the skills, insight and knowledge to manage training in a professional
manner. The training course will develop an awareness of the context for training and development, and the key issues
that impact on its planning and delivery. This Train the Trainercourse will enable training professionals to develop their
expertise to design, understand, identify, deliver and evaluate training within their organisation. FETAC(the Further
Education and Training Awards Council) is the national awarding body for further education and training in Ireland.
The Train theTrainer course is ideal for those wishing to work in the field of training or those who wish to take up a
training position within their organisation
The Train the Trainer course will enable students to:
· Manage their own development and
· Prepare them to take on the challenges of change and diversification
Opportunities for progression include:
· Project Management
Specific Learning Outcomes
Specific Learning Outcomes Learners should be able to:
· Compare and contrast concepts of training and education
· Apply theoretical concepts to a coherent framework for training practice
· Identify the prerequisites for effective communication in groups
· Demonstrate an understanding of group dynamics
· Explain key principles and methodologies which underpin adult learning of learning styles, learning outcomes,
· Evaluate the approaches of different adult learning theorists e.g. Knowles, Kolb, Friere, Brookfield, Rogers,
· State the contribution of theorists such as: Dewey, Gardner, Maslow, Piaget and Skinner to the psychology
Check out this youtube video on training!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrZE4whoziU&feature=PlayList&p=DB478F789606AD45&index=0
Learners who successfully complete this module will:
· Understand different learning styles
· Understand the functions and processes of learning and training
· Evaluate different approaches to training
· Appreciate the importance of training on an individual, social and economic level
· Work effectively with a range of learner groups.
· Design, deliver and evaluate training programmes
· Develop and implement appropriate assessment methods
· Provide a full coverage of important training skills.
· Ensures training meets business and personal goals.
· Helps you to have the self-confidence and presence needed to get results
Venue: City North Hotel
Exit 7 off the M1
March 23rd, 24th, 30th & 31st
Telephone : 01 8085670