Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Test center location  (Read 549 times)

marsilni

• View Profile
Test center location
« on: March 14, 2010, 10:11:56 AM »
I went to register for the June LSAT yesterday (about 3 months away) and to my surprise, every test center near my house was unavailable; the closest one with availability is about an hour away.  I'm thinking about postponing it until October so I can take it at a closer center (about 20 minutes from my house).  I'm graduating in May and planning to take two years off before going to law school, so there isn't much urgency.  I just figure that I'll be more comfortable taking the test at a closer center; if I take it in June, I'll probably have to leave my house at 11:10 and won't get home until 4:30, I'll be hungry and probably won't have my sharpest focus?  Any advice on this?  Is it even much of an issue?

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: Test center location
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 10:38:06 AM »
If you think you'd be more comfortable in October, and aren't even applying for 2 years anyway, go ahead and wait until you're comfortable. There's no sense in stressing yourself out to take it sooner if you're not trying to get your applications in.
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

marsilni

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 10:59:40 AM »
That's what I was thinking.  It's not so much that I don't feel prepared to take the test, I just had it in my mind that I would be taking it in June at a more convenient test center.  I was surprised that all these test centers are already filled.  I guess I'll sign up for October today just to be safe.

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 12:43:19 AM »
I'll trade an hour of driving for not having to be at the test center at 8:00 in the morning.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:55:29 AM »
october test be hardest ever.