Law School Discussion

Test center location

Test center location
« on: March 14, 2010, 08:11:56 AM »
I went to register for the June LSAT yesterday (about 3 months away) and to my surprise, every test center near my house was unavailable; the closest one with availability is about an hour away.  I'm thinking about postponing it until October so I can take it at a closer center (about 20 minutes from my house).  I'm graduating in May and planning to take two years off before going to law school, so there isn't much urgency.  I just figure that I'll be more comfortable taking the test at a closer center; if I take it in June, I'll probably have to leave my house at 11:10 and won't get home until 4:30, I'll be hungry and probably won't have my sharpest focus?  Any advice on this?  Is it even much of an issue?

'blueskies

• your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
Re: Test center location
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 08:38:06 AM »
If you think you'd be more comfortable in October, and aren't even applying for 2 years anyway, go ahead and wait until you're comfortable. There's no sense in stressing yourself out to take it sooner if you're not trying to get your applications in.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 08:59:40 AM »
That's what I was thinking.  It's not so much that I don't feel prepared to take the test, I just had it in my mind that I would be taking it in June at a more convenient test center.  I was surprised that all these test centers are already filled.  I guess I'll sign up for October today just to be safe.

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 10:43:19 PM »
I'll trade an hour of driving for not having to be at the test center at 8:00 in the morning.

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 05:55:29 AM »
october test be hardest ever.