Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 158LSAT/2.51GPA?  (Read 1010 times)

enjoiskatelaw

• View Profile
    • Email
158LSAT/2.51GPA?
« on: March 09, 2010, 12:06:28 PM »
158LSAT/2.51GPA

i have a pretty solid essay that infers my poor grades were do to a suicide of a close friend and points out the dramatic upswing of my grades after i went abroad...  as well as loads of community service at a crisis hotline post graduation

my lsat is over the 75th mark for all but one of my schools (Brooklyn Law) but my GPA is really bad

should i be expecting a lot of rejection letters? anyone else been in the same boat?

be honest. be blunt. i can take it.

petermharrington

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 158LSAT/2.51GPA?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 12:26:18 PM »

I'm kind of curious where you went for undergrad and what you majored in. You're obviously intelligent judging by your LSAT score. 

I don't mean to be insensitive but my mom died during college and it didn't affect my grades at all. A lot of people out there have also suffered some pretty serious *&^%. I don't know if that makes me cold-hearted but I've seen some pretty f'd up stuff happen in the military.

Best of luck though.

chemarx

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 158LSAT/2.51GPA?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 04:15:30 PM »
I have very similar #'s and I got into almost all of the schools that I applied to, including a few top 50's. I think if your essay is good, you still have a chance.

What will probably hurt you most is that its so late in the game...my understanding is that most law schools only admit a certain # of students below their 25th percentile, and many of those students have probably been admitted already.