Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How to locate Immigration Law internships in PA?  (Read 2096 times)

M112

• View Profile
How to locate Immigration Law internships in PA?
« on: March 07, 2010, 03:36:18 PM »
To provide some background, I will be a law student for this coming Fall 2010 semester at a T4 school with the intent of pursuing a career in Immigration Law.  After graduation, I hope to work in PA and most likely the Philadelphia area.  I read in different publications that a 1L should be looking for their first summer internship in the months preceding their first semester of school which is what has led me to this post.  

Does anyone know of any particular firms, organizations, etc. that could provide me with said internships or even some guidance in regards to where I can look for them?  I am especially interested in completing my internship in the Philadelphia or Harrisburg areas.

Also, I do remember reading that their is the potential for paid internships in limited numbers, would also be interested in any information regarding these opportunities.  

Finally, is there anything that I can be doing now, in the summer preceding my first year of law school study i.e. internships work that would be beneficial for me academically and or professionally.  Any pertinent information is greatly appreciated.        

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How to locate Immigration Law internships in PA?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 08:14:59 PM »
I know little-to-nothing about immigration law, but I do know that a good resource for "public interest" internships (and even jobs after graduation) is: http://www.pslawnet.org/

(Unfortunately, I know that this website had a interesting imm. law internship near Harrisburg a few weeks ago, but they took down the posting.  :-\)

I hope this helps you a little, and I wish I could help you more. 

M112

• View Profile
Re: How to locate Immigration Law internships in PA?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 08:21:04 PM »
I know little-to-nothing about immigration law, but I do know that a good resource for "public interest" internships (and even jobs after graduation) is: http://www.pslawnet.org/

(Unfortunately, I know that this website had a interesting imm. law internship near Harrisburg a few weeks ago, but they took down the posting.  :-\)

I hope this helps you a little, and I wish I could help you more. 

Thanks a million, very, very, helpful.  Any other pertinent information is appreciated.