Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any feedback about Cooley Ann Arbor Campus  (Read 9354 times)

justanothersucker

Re: Any feedback about Cooley Ann Arbor Campus
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2011, 11:54:06 AM »
why do you say that? what is "decent"?

When you go to find a decent job all of your questions will be answered.

B212bb - after looking through some of your older posts you have made it evident you hate Cooley Law School.  Why?  Where do you attend?  Have you attended Cooley?  Do you know anyone who went to Cooley and graduated?

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2011, 12:21:13 PM »
IMO decent = full-time job (1) requiring a JD with that pays enough for you to repay student loans and improves your quality of life, or (2) as an associate at a law firm as a practicing attorney.

B212bb - after looking through some of your older posts you have made it evident you hate Cooley Law School.  Why?  Where do you attend?  Have you attended Cooley?  Do you know anyone who went to Cooley and graduated?

justanothersucker

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2011, 12:41:34 PM »
Me too. What stats do we have to show they don't?

IMO decent = full-time job (1) requiring a JD with that pays enough for you to repay student loans and improves your quality of life, or (2) as an associate at a law firm as a practicing attorney.

justanothersucker

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 08:43:09 PM »
people just like to cry. Notice no responce on the request for proof or stats?

They cry they can't find work, then try to "make fun of" those who can........ ::)

Lawguy86

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »
people just like to cry. Notice no responce on the request for proof or stats?

They cry they can't find work, then try to "make fun of" those who can........ ::)

Who's crying about not finding work? The only people I hear whining about how bad lower tiered schools are are the people who don't go to them. I go to such a lower tiered school and we don't have problems with finding jobs or passing the bar.

I have to agree with the Cooley 3L that its up to you. More than likely your school didn't find a job and hand it to you, so he's right in that its on an individual level.

I know its fun to joke at Cooley, but it gets to a certain point where you make Cooley sound better than the "good" schools you claim to attend.

B212bb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 09:52:45 PM »

No, I graduated from Villanova and am thankfully employed with no debts. However, I cannot say the same about a lot of my peers. I do hate Cooley though in the sense that it is criminal to charge people that much money in tuition when they have piss poor employment rates. Look at the US Dept of Labor, it tracks the number of jobs that open up per year in an industry and the expected growth or decline in that field. Law schools turn out nearly 50,000 students per year, yet there are only about half that many job openings. So what chance does a Cooley grad have? It's not for nothing that they have been sued.