Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any feedback about Cooley Ann Arbor Campus  (Read 9246 times)

CooleyGrad

• ain't no sleep when you're living the dream
    • View Profile
Re: Any feedback about Cooley Ann Arbor Campus
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 12:35:02 PM »
How come LSD has suddenly turned into Cooley central? Seems like every third post made here is about Cooley

A bunch of Cooley students and prospective Cooley students all joined at once for whatever reason. Other boards (TLS, xoxo) are not exactly welcoming to Cooley students, so I can see why they would come here.

Is this not the "Thomas M. Cooley" sub-board of the forum?  Speaking for myself, I came here because there is a board provided specifically for Cooley students -- does that make sense or is your understanding impaired by your bull-elitist stereotypes that you so obviously hold dear to your heart?

What are TLS and xoxo -- I only joined this board because I didn't know of any others.  There isn't as much activity here as I would have liked.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 12:55:37 PM »
I came here because there is a board provided specifically for Cooley students -- does that make sense or is your understanding impaired by your bull-elitist stereotypes that you so obviously hold dear to your heart?

Seriously, what elitist stereotype am I advocating by merely pointing out that people are sometimes hostile to Cooley students on other boards? I'm glad Cooley students post here  :)

There's been a Cooley board for a long time, but never much traffic. I was only postulating that Cooley students were coming over here now because of prior (and current) hostility on other boards.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

CooleyGrad

• ain't no sleep when you're living the dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 01:02:20 PM »
I came here because there is a board provided specifically for Cooley students -- does that make sense or is your understanding impaired by your bull-elitist stereotypes that you so obviously hold dear to your heart?

Seriously, what elitist stereotype am I advocating by merely pointing out that people are sometimes hostile to Cooley students on other boards? I'm glad Cooley students post here  :)

There's been a Cooley board for a long time, but never much traffic. I was only postulating that Cooley students were coming over here now because of prior (and current) hostility on other boards.

Your assumption is incorrect at least for me.  Though I enjoyed your picture of the pear with excellent teeth.

Mr. Hart

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 02:25:27 PM »

What are TLS and xoxo -- I only joined this board because I didn't know of any others.  There isn't as much activity here as I would have liked.

TLS= top-law-schools.com

IMO, TLS is way too elitist and not very indicative of reality. For the most part people on TLS think if you don't go to a T14 school you are poo.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »
IMO, TLS is way too elitist and not very indicative of reality. For the most part people on TLS think if you don't go to a T14 school you are poo.

Wait until you check out xoxohth.com. They make TLSers look like the T4 booster society.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

CJScalia

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 03:23:44 PM »
How come LSD has suddenly turned into Cooley central? Seems like every third post made here is about Cooley

A bunch of Cooley students and prospective Cooley students all joined at once for whatever reason. Other boards (TLS, xoxo) are not exactly welcoming to Cooley students, so I can see why they would come here.

Is this not the "Thomas M. Cooley" sub-board of the forum?  Speaking for myself, I came here because there is a board provided specifically for Cooley students -- does that make sense or is your understanding impaired by your bull-elitist stereotypes that you so obviously hold dear to your heart?

There was no animosity in the question on my part, I simply noticed that the Cooley sections on this forum has a disproportionate part of our activity.

And yeah, you'd probably not want to make a point of being a Cooley grad at xoxo. Hell, you'd probably not want to make a point of being a Duke or Northwestern grad there.
3L
Law school completed.
Bar exams next.

cooleylawstudent

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 06:59:21 PM »
Here's a crazy theory, mabey if someplace is the LARGEST lawschool in the country, then mabey just mabey it'll time to time reflect that on the internet too. Crazy shitt I know, math.....a lawstudents worse nightmare.  ::)

CooleyL3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 03:18:35 PM »
lol, nice.

I actually heard that Cooleyites want to make Ann Arbor the largest campus in the next few years.

From my perspective, I took everything in Lansing because it was much more affordable than Ann Arbor but they are making an Ann Arbor push and I hear that parking is a nightmare but the area is beautiful.

Mess with State, mess with MU, lol, mess with your financial aid debt.

B212bb

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »
Every Cooley campus is good. Best law school in the county. Also, if you decide you dont like AnnArbor after a term you can transfer to the other 3 locations in the state. People do it all the time for lots of reasons.

This is a joke right?

Hamilton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2011, 09:32:52 AM »
When you go to find a decent job all of your questions will be answered.

B212bb - after looking through some of your older posts you have made it evident you hate Cooley Law School.  Why?  Where do you attend?  Have you attended Cooley?  Do you know anyone who went to Cooley and graduated?