Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Georgetown PT to HYSCCN?  (Read 1639 times)

hopefulsplitter28

• View Profile
Georgetown PT to HYSCCN?
« on: March 05, 2010, 03:43:15 AM »
What percentile of the class would I need to be in for H? Y? S? C? C? N? Would it be worth it, money aside?

How's my guess for top %10 for HYS, top 20% for CCN?

Thanks.

nealric

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • a.k.a. Miguel Sanchez
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown PT to HYSCCN?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 10:04:45 PM »
I'm sure it's possible, but if you are top 10% at Georgetown, your options will be fabulous. Don't see the point of transferring. Besides, you should never count on transferring. Top 10% at GULC is not an easy thing.
Georgetown Law Graduate

Chief justice Earl Warren wasn't a stripper!
Now who's being naive?

movetoDC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 10:37:45 AM »
I am biased towards GULC but yeah, top 10% at GULC is definitely not easy.  Also, if I was top 10% at GULC, I'm not sure whether I'd want to transfer.

TrumpWho??

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 04:39:42 PM »
I got into HLS, SLS and Chicago (3 for 3) last year, top 2% (3.84) gtown PT. A friend of mine was top 5% (3.75ish), gtown PT who applied top-8 and didn't get in anywhere. I was shocked that I swept and my friend didnt get in anywhere. I didnt think the ranking was that much of a difference and my friend's resume was strong. I heard that another Gtown ptime student applied, but didnt get in. So who knows. As for HLS, the HLS transfers are no.1/top 2-3%, and I am sure it is the same at Yale and Stanford. IMO you need top 2% or something that stands out on your resume that brings diversity (e.g., unique work experience).

On a side note, do not bring PT up on your application or in your essays unless the essay specifically asks for it. You dont want to raise a red flag. It is possible that it will be overlooked or that they will bend the rules/guidelines for you because they decided to accept you before they realize, if they realize, you are PT. Many schools say that don't accept PT (HLS) but they did in the past and will again in the future. I dont think there are many admissions per se rules (e.g., acceptig late applications, etc.)

CanadianWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 07:32:24 PM »
Your best option may be to transfer to Georgetown's fulltime program. All elite law schools are aware that part-time, non-working Georgetown univ. law students have an easier workload than fulltime Georgetown law students.