Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what does Both Wand mean?  (Read 793 times)

ernest007

• View Profile
    • Email
what does Both Wand mean?
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:21:23 AM »
LSAT December 2006 questions 11-15:
a locally knows guitarist's demo CD contains exactly seven different songs-S,T,V,W,X,Y,and Z.Each  song occupies exactly one of the CD's seven tracks. Some of the songs are rock classics;the  others are new compositions. The following condition must hold:
S occupies the fourth track of the CD. Both Wand Y precede S on the CD,T precedes W on the CD.  A rock classic occupies the sixth track of the CD. Each rock classic is immediately preceded on the CD by a new composition. Z is a rock classic.

i cannot understand this rule Both Wand Y precede S on the CD. T precedes W on the CD.
and then analysis says that this rule state that both W and Y precede S on the CD. By itself, this means that W and Y cannot be tracks 5, 6,or7 on the CD(because the first rule establishes that S is 4th.)

what does Both Wand mean? what can i do when some word like this i cannot understand appear during the test?

mabbas

• View Profile
Re: what does Both Wand mean?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 11:16:42 AM »
Um, are you joking?

It means "W and"

Whatever sketchy materials you're using must have accidentally eliminated the space between the variable "W" and the word "and".

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • tea baggers, unite! screw u.s.a.!
    • View Profile
Re: what does Both Wand mean?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 09:08:38 PM »
if mean wanda want backrub.  look it up.