1 (14.3%)
Penn State
 0 (0%)
George Mason
 0 (0%)
UNC Chapel Hill
 2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: I need to send a deposit soon, help me decide which school  (Read 608 times)

guitarchick

• View Profile
I need to send a deposit soon, help me decide which school
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:20:21 PM »
University of Miami w/ $112,500
Penn State w/ $60,000
Temple w/ $45,000
University of South Carolina
George Mason
UNC Chapel Hill

I created a poll but I didn't add University of South Carlina because I don't think I want to live in South Carolina. 
Other than that, I don't know what to do, please help!

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I need to send a deposit soon, help me decide which school
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 11:05:04 PM »
I don't know much about any of those schools, but I would say go to the best ranked school in the state you want to live in. If you want to live in Pennsylvania I would probably go to Temple, if you would be satisfied living in Miami then go to Miami. That is a lot of money and might be the best way to go, if you would be happy living in that area. 

Honestly, all of those are solid schools and it might be best to get out with the least debt, so I would probably choose Miami, but only if the scholarship requirements are not that stringent.  If they require a 3.0 it is very difficult to maintain and is no guarantee that you will keep it for years two and three, so that is something to consider.

I have a friend that is in his second year at Temple if you want his e-mail, send me a personal message and I will give it to you and he can tell you about his experience at Temple. Good Luck to you.

petermharrington

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 01:29:04 AM »

I don't know how you could possibly pass up Miami with that $$$. You're going to be getting a great quality of life in Florida.  Miami is absolutely spectacular.

You're sitting pretty either way

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 01:42:38 AM »

I don't know how you could possibly pass up Miami with that $$$. You're going to be getting a great quality of life in Florida.  Miami is absolutely spectacular.

You're sitting pretty either way

Maybe s/he doesn't want to live in Miami.  Seems pretty realistic to me - I'd hate to live there.  Figure out which city you prefer.

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 04:00:01 AM »
What are the conditions on the money? If it's basically guaranteed, take Miami. Otherwise go UNC.
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.