Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Any tips? Help, please?  (Read 746 times)

sdspainhour

• View Profile
    • Email
Any tips? Help, please?
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:40:00 AM »
Hey guys,

I am a junior at Rhodes College. I am a psychology major with a good GPA (about a 3.62). I have experience as a Court Appointed Special Advocate here in Memphis and I work really hard within the juvenile court system to advocate on behalf of abused and neglected kids. I stay involved in campus politics (I am the Vice President of my class) and I really do all I can to be a good student. I took the LSAT in february and honestly, I didn't do so well- when I say that I didn't do so well, I mean that I got a 151. I am really becoming discouraged, because I know that for some reason, all law schools seem to think that one of the best indicators of law school performance is the LSAT (standardized tests are so problematic to begin with because there is no way to control for all possible situations and testing personalities). I really would like to attend a school like University of Washington in Seattle or somewhere similar, however, I really just do not feel like my LSAT is good enough. I will take it again, of course, but I am quite discouraged. I was hoping some of my court work might make me stand out, but I really don't know.  Do you all have any advice or tips for me? I realize that this question is somewhat vague, but I figured I might as well embarrass myself and ask.   :-[

Thanks, all.

S