Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: WUSTL vs SLU (Debt vs. Significantly Less Debt)  (Read 1168 times)

MX6

• View Profile
    • Email
WUSTL vs SLU (Debt vs. Significantly Less Debt)
« on: February 24, 2010, 01:11:27 PM »
Okay... So I got accepted into both Washington University and Saint Louis University, which is good because I really want to stay in St. Louis for a little bit longer. SLU ended up giving me a pretty beefy scholarship ($72,000 with a 2.0 GPA cutoff, which essentially knocks out 2/3rds of its tuition). I got accepted into WUSTL fairly recently, so I haven't heard back from them about scholarships just yet. However, I'm trying to plan this under a worst case scenario (little to no money given from WUSTL). Of course, that's also narrowing it down to $30,000 debt from SLU to at least $100-120 from WUSTL. However, Washington's ranking is significantly higher than SLU and I am accustomed to the doom-and-gloom associated with the importance of law school rankings.

Also, I plan on concentrating in either Family and Juvenile Law or Criminal Law, with an end goal of ending up somewhere in the FBI in the next decade or so. So given my areas of interest, my financial situation, and the fact that I don't really want to leave Missouri, I would like to ask for some suggestions on what would be the best course of action even when considering the contracting legal market.