Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do not listen to what people say about T-3 and T-4 schools on this site  (Read 8755 times)

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
sounds like you just suck dude.

I'm just pointing out things that are true.  I can't help that you don't like them.
Mood: Tired but cheerful.  :)

cooleylawstudent

you suck since you admitt that if you work hard you can't get anything, thats why you suck. Suck on it.....yeah enjoy the taste.... :-*

I never once said a T-4 is the same thing as a top tier school.

And I never said you did.  I'm merely pointing out that you are criticizing people who are further along in the process than you are without any knowledge of what it's like to be there.

Like anything in life if you put the work in it will generally work out.

There's no reason to think that all or even most things in life will work out if you work hard.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
I said things GENERALLY work out when you put hard work in. That is generally the case obviously there are times you do everything right and it doesn't work out. I tried to make the NBA I did everything I could do, but I am a 6'9 slow white guy that can't jump that high. I tried my best, but it didn't work out. Do I blame my coaches, my teammates, my high school, my college for me not making it? Hell no I was not good enough. I don't blame my school or anyone else for it not working out it was on me. It always baffles me that people complain about their schools when they don't make it.    My coaches would have loved me to make the NBA.  Just like any ABA school wants you to pass the bar and get a good job.  Nobody wants to screw you over.

However, life is somewhat competitive. Even if you put in all the work get good grades and even pass the bar you are not guaranteed a job. A law firm exists to make money or if it is a public interest place to further some cause. Even with a good G.P.A. and a good attitude if you don't have what it takes to make them money or help them achieve their goal they will either not hire you or lay you off.

Just like an NBA team will not draft you or will cut if you are not helping them win games.  That is their bottom line. Nobody owes anybody anything and it just so stupid that people point the finger at everybody else but themselves when they don't succeed. That seems particularly true with law students.

cooleylawstudent

yeah but some people just like to act like the little bittches they are, thats all.

They get spoonfed yet cry when their burpup gets on their onesie. :'(

willametterules

so if its a T-4, how is that working for them?

Get to claim locally that they have the highest bar passage rate and as a result, over enroll larger full tuition paying 1L classes than in previous years.  Higher revenue from more students and higher bar passage rates.  Then they make BS claims to potential enrollees that they would be higher ranked if their national rep were better, dumbasses buy it and enroll... creates an enormous cash cow for the rest of the university.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
you suck since you admitt that if you work hard you can't get anything, thats why you suck. Suck on it.....yeah enjoy the taste.... :-*

What about my post led you to believe that I was speaking about myself?

I said things GENERALLY work out when you put hard work in.

There's no support for even saying that this is true in general.  This is what we'd all like to think about the world, but that doesn't make it any truer.

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Allow me to summarize this thread. T-4s are not as good as T1s, but the T4s are not as bad as the "elitists" make them out to be. I think that should cover it.

bigs5068

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
That does sum it up. Tier 4's are not set on destroying your life and there is a good chance things will work out at a tier 4 your probably not going to be a millionaire, but believe it or not any law school teaches you to be a lawyer. So if being a lawyer is your goal then go to law school. Harvard is also a better school than Cooley or GGU. If you go to Harvard I think you might be a lot smarter than anyone at Cooley or GGU and you will more than likely have a lot more job opportunities, unless you develop a crack addiction or something.

the white rabbit

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
any law school teaches you to be a lawyer.

Actually, I think that the consensus is that law schools in general don't do a very good job of teaching students how to be lawyers.  Teaching the law, maybe.  Different things.

cooleylawstudent

lawschools teaching law?....Dear God!!!! :o