Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Never Take the LSAT Sick  (Read 2490 times)

oneoclockjump40

• View Profile
    • Email
Never Take the LSAT Sick
« on: February 18, 2010, 06:37:40 PM »
Common sense right? ::)

Last September I took the LSAT for the *ahem* third time :-[. I studied for months, and a week before the day, I came down with the flu.  Of course I thought I would be well by the time test day arrived. But,alas,still very sick. I'm sure you're all aware on how expensive the test is, so I went anyway. I was a mess through the whole thing. I ended up getting a 128. My lowest score.  :'(

cooleylawstudent

Re: Never Take the LSAT Sick
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 08:27:07 PM »
DEAR LORD! You could have randomly guessed and done better than that! You must have been jacked up from the floor up!
What were your other two scores?

Last September I took the LSAT for the *ahem* third time :-[. I studied for months, and a week before the day, I came down with the flu.  Of course I thought I would be well by the time test day arrived. But,alas,still very sick. I'm sure you're all aware on how expensive the test is, so I went anyway. I was a mess through the whole thing. I ended up getting a 128. My lowest score.  :'(

jrw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 02:47:52 PM »

Happened to me as well.  Well I only got one point lower when I took it sick, but it was the longest 6 hours of my life.  Just plain bad.

exspes

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 09:37:05 PM »
That sucks man, just be glad it wasnt a final exam in class that you can't retake without retaking the whole course or getting kicked to the curb.
At least you can retake the lsat. what were your other two scores?

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 11:05:11 PM »
I also took the LSAT sick. I went to bed at a good time, planning to get my 7 hours.  I woke up about 2 am sick to my stomach and unable to fall asleep. I drank lots of pepto and ate some crackers, and my stomach finally started calming down. I was so afraid that I would get sick during the test and have to cancel out. The proctor was very nice and allowed me to have a trash can by me as I took it, but told me that I'd have to cancel if I did actually use it. Anyway, I made it through the exam, but my score was 8 points lower than my practice tests. Luckily, it was still high enough that I got into some law schools.

Hopefully getting sick on LSAT test day means we have used up our Murphey's Law card and will be the picture of health when we take the bar. :)

exspes

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 12:08:06 AM »
How would you have to cancel if you actually used a trashcan to puke in?

Cicero

• Sr. Citizen
  • UF 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 12:43:41 AM »
That's what the lady told me--that I'd have to cancel if I used it. She let me have the trash can in case I couldn't make it to the bathroom. I assume she thought my using it would gross out and distract the other students, maybe even make some other kids start puking or something.

exspes

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 11:28:12 AM »
If you never had to use it, then it's fine anyways. That being said, I'm pretty sure that you could have found a way to sue her specificly if not the lsat itself for that one.

That's what the lady told me--that I'd have to cancel if I used it. She let me have the trash can in case I couldn't make it to the bathroom. I assume she thought my using it would gross out and distract the other students, maybe even make some other kids start puking or something.

Morten Lund

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 11:41:44 AM »
Related point:  Don't vary your routine on test day.  I foolishly decided that it was important to have a hardy breakfast on LSAT-day, and therefore ate a large meal right before the test (instead of the college quasi-meal I usually ate in the morning).

I developed ... intestinal challenges in the middle of the exam, and had to make numerous bathroom, uh, runs.  Thankfully, there is absolutely no time pressure at all for the LSAT, otherwise that might have been stressful.

As one of the BARBRI guys says:  this is not the time to make a change.  Don't start doing drugs, but if you are already doing drugs don't stop now.  Take up diet and exercise after the exam, not now.  Stick to your routine.

exspes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 12:43:22 PM »
but drugs are bad kids.....mmmmkay?

Related point:  Don't vary your routine on test day.  I foolishly decided that it was important to have a hardy breakfast on LSAT-day, and therefore ate a large meal right before the test (instead of the college quasi-meal I usually ate in the morning).

I developed ... intestinal challenges in the middle of the exam, and had to make numerous bathroom, uh, runs.  Thankfully, there is absolutely no time pressure at all for the LSAT, otherwise that might have been stressful.

As one of the BARBRI guys says:  this is not the time to make a change.  Don't start doing drugs, but if you are already doing drugs don't stop now.  Take up diet and exercise after the exam, not now.  Stick to your routine.