Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Case Western v. Chapman v. MSU  (Read 2341 times)

dcm81

• View Profile
Re: Case Western v. Chapman v. MSU
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »
I would go to either Case Western or Chapman.  Michigan's economy is going to take a long time to recover.  Ohio is going to continue to struggle too, and your not getting a big scholarship from CW.  Chapman is a decent school, and your getting a good scholarship.  Great weather, probably more competition for jobs, but there are more legal jobs in Southern CA than there is in MI and Ohio combined.  If it were me, I would take the scholarship and run with it because its better to be out of law school with the least debt possible. 

Ninja1

• Sr. Citizen
  • ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 01:33:22 AM »
Case Western, if you can handle Cleveland.

Cleveland is a delight.

Delight = Post-industrial decay?
I'mma stay bumpin' till I bump my head on my tomb.

reez

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 11:37:51 PM »

Cleveland is a delight.

I'll spare everyone a full-spirited Cleveland defense; suffice it to say, the decay happened three decades ago.  Now it's just a small city with a young scene, a lot of green space, and disproportionately strong cultural offerings.  And weather that will toughen you up.

newkirk101

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 12:15:43 PM »
Chapman hands down.  Chapman has the luxury of utilizing the legal market in LA, OC, and San Diego.  Also, their reputation is only growing.  This year they moved up in the US News rankings to #93 and have the 24th best part-time program according to factors used by US News.

SASS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 01:33:43 PM »

Cleveland is a delight.

I'll spare everyone a full-spirited Cleveland defense; suffice it to say, the decay happened three decades ago.  Now it's just a small city with a young scene, a lot of green space, and disproportionately strong cultural offerings.  And weather that will toughen you up.

Cleveland really is a great place, if you haven't been there I take a visit, you'll be pleasantly surprised.  It really has quite a bit to offer for its size.  And it is actually quite pretty.  Its one downfall is the weather.

More substantively about schools though . . . Where do you want to practice?  Case (I think MSU too) has a regional reach.  Chapman is all the way across the country.  Figure out where you want to be after graduation and make a decision that way. Any of these school could present a limitation to you.